Thread: How do I do this keyframe animation?

1. Default How do I do this keyframe animation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvbnc-7Y0fE

Watch the first 13 seconds. I want to do a keyframe animation like the one done there.

See how the different Batman Arkham games' box arts just slide on screen. How do I do this in Sony Vegas?

I usually use pan and crop but the problem is the dimensions.
    The problem is that I have a 1920 x 1080p video playing in the background (similarly to the video linked above). However when I get a small box art cover it's only around 600 x 800p so its borders don't fit into the 1920 x 1080p screen. I want the 600 x 800p box art to slide in from the very edge of the 1920 x 1080p screen to the center. However I can't do that because that box art's dimensions are different. When I try to change the dimensions of the box art, the box art gets compressed and that ruins the box art's picture quality. I don't want that to happen.

ATM all I can do is have the box art slide in within a 600 x 800p frame that's in the center of the screen. So basically it looks like the box art is sliding in from some invisible wall near the center of the screen.

I want the box art to keep its picture quality and slide in from the very edge of the screen just like in the linked video. Does anyone know how I can do that? I tried using track motion but for some reason it doesn't let me group up different animations. I can only have one position for the image.

You could try re-sizeing the image in a graphics program first. I use at least 300 dpi images in the print size. This tends to give a better image quality than just making the image bigger in size.
    When you have the images put each one on a separate track and use track motion or pan & crop tool for the motion. I usually use pan & crop as it's quicker to do.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You could try re-sizeing the image in a graphics program first. I use at least 300 dpi images in the print size. This tends to give a better image quality than just making the image bigger in size.
    When you have the images put each one on a separate track and use track motion or pan & crop tool for the motion. I usually use pan & crop as it's quicker to do.
    Thanks I got it working.

BTW do you know how to do the kind of keyframe animation that this guy does with his logo at the start of his video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5C1Uj7jJCg

See how he gets the words 'Toolkit' to scroll down from nowhere? How does he do that? Additionally he kind of gets the logo's words to go behind some invisible wall or something at around the 00:06 mark. How does he do that?

He may just have a plug in that does it. In Vegas you have Pro Tools which has some text animations you could have a look around those. The way to do it the long way is to use the masking in the Pan & Crop tool. Have a separate mask for each letter and use key frames to reveal each letter.