Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video for product images

Default Video for product images

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone can help please?

I am looking to create some simple but elegant videos (for YouTube) to showcase some of my products (invitation cards). I am looking to use some images to create a product video. I was wondering if anyone can help with this or point me in the right direction.

I have attached some images of one invitation card.

I have searched the internet for 'simple product promo videos' and 'product videos' but there seems to be alot of explainer product videos as opposed to something for images.

Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Oodya
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Hi oodya. I'm not at all clear what the difference is between what you are trying to describe and a slideshow.
    What exactly are you trying to achieve by this video?

If you want to show wat's different/unique/better about your product, then surely this needs an "explainer" video.

What's more videos that just show the product are unlikely to hold anyone's nterest. Get yourself in the, you know the sort of think "Hi, I'm Oodya, and I make these ... then explain about them over the product shots, get the message about your passion for producing the highest quality/superior/best designs whatever)

If you only want to show the product (so people can see the design/quality) I'd venture to suggest still photos are superior because the potential customer cans take as long as they like examining each image/design whereas with a video the director/editor decides that for you.

Just my opinion, of course, but I wonder whether you've decided/been told you need a video without enough regard for what you need that video to achieve.
    Tim

If you know which message you want to deliver it's easier to come up with ideas about a video. It also depends on the resources you can access for making the video. Which gear do you have? Can you hire actors or an animator?

I think they want something like this.

Blog Entries

True, Midnight, that was a very successful campaign. I watched the video a few months back and now I have many spoons. Not only that but I've discovered nearly all my friends and family (and quite probably my enemies) have spoons as well. Well done!
    Tim

Ha Ha. I can't take the full credit for for the number of spoons sold in the world, there was also a good social media effort also.

Wow - I'll need to look up where these spoon thingies are sold. They look useful

Ha Ha. Just Google "spoon" I'm sure you'll find them available in your area.

Hello,

Something like Midnight Blues video would be great. How would I go about creating something like this?

Many thanks,

Oodya

10. Default

I think the previous replies have explained a lot to you. You really need to use your own creative talents to come up with some ideas. It was also asked what gear you have although, if you have a video camera, however basic, you could create something.

To create something like the ‘spoons’ would need, not only creative talent, but also more than a basic camera and editing gear. You are almost asking, “How do I become a Rembrandt?” Are you visualising having talent (person) in your promo? Do you plan to have just the various cards showaing with a voice over? If so, are you able to do a voice over yourself? There is more to this than meets the eye.

Why not show us a sample short video you have made so that we can assess your work and creative abilities? Try making a very short something using your cards, and then members could advise you further.

Wynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast