Thread: The Flash Goes Snowboarding feat. Special Guests

Default The Flash Goes Snowboarding feat. Special Guests

Hi

I have just got my hands on premier pro, and I've been teaching myself, with the help of youtube

The idea behind this video was to make it like a comic book. In my mind it was going to turn out better, but I'm still happy with the results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UCXpxMIazo

I haven't attempted to use after effects, but I hope to soon, as it would have helped greatly in the scene where it starts to snow.

Let me know what you think and I don't mind suggestions on how I could have made it better

Blog Entries

My immediate thought is that sound is > 50% of the experience of watching films. And if you're going for a comic book look you've missed about 90% of your opportunity here.Just think of the original Batman TV series.
    Tim

Well to be honest I didn't like it but that's just me

The only technical flaw I could see is the out-of-focus shot on the main character

But some people like the "who", so I guess there's really no accounting for taste

To prove my point, here's a random person off the street doing the "who" better than they ever could imagine ...

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    My immediate thought is that sound is > 50% of the experience of watching films. And if you're going for a comic book look you've missed about 90% of your opportunity here.Just think of the original Batman TV series.
    I spent so long looking for sound to match the shots. It was quite frustrating to be honest. In the end I decided to just throw music in the background.

That is definitely something I will try to focus more on in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    The only technical flaw I could see is the out-of-focus shot on the main character
    My mistake was filming the scene. Then taking still shots. I should have just taken picture in the first place.

You also need focus in filmed scenes Use a higher F-Stop to create a higher depth of field.
    I would have expected more scene changes. Add a close up every now and then. Currently everything is very static. Take a comic book and have a look how they make use of differently angled "shots".

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    You also need focus in filmed scenes Use a higher F-Stop to create a higher depth of field.
    I would have expected more scene changes. Add a close up every now and then. Currently everything is very static. Take a comic book and have a look how they make use of differently angled "shots".
    Yea the different angles would have made it awesome. I'm def going to make another comic video, to better that video

thanks for the advice and criticism everyone. i have made note of everything said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieEatsBrick View Post
    thanks for the advice and criticism everyone. i have made note of everything said
    Make sure you post the next one back here so we can see ou progress
    Tim