Thread: FLYING OVER CLIFFs an experiment at a cinematic edit

Default FLYING OVER CLIFFs an experiment at a cinematic edit

I recently did a bit of hiking at a local beach, here in Portugal. I had my Canon 100D camera and DJI drone with me, so I decided to do a few shots of the location and ended-up creating the video below.
    Constructive commentary is always welcomed.

This was edited in Final Cut Pro X. Added a bit of color grading by using the ProGrade pluging from Pixelfilm Studios.

Thanks for watching !
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 07-15-2016 at 06:39 PM.

I would have expected to see a fly by of the ruin that can be seen at 0:23 right away instead of late in the video
    The flashing cuts worked nice for me
    Having the walking guy in the video added some interest in the beginning but you could have offered more of a story that would then helped to keep interest up until the end
    Slowing down the pace at 1:00 was nice in my eyes
    The direction change at 1:14 didn't do it for me
    Generally you had a nice variety of shots but the house in the background became repetitive
    The colour grading was nice
    Overall this was one of the better drone videos I get to see but as it lacks story it's basically just a concatenation of random shots

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I would have expected to see a fly by of the ruin that can be seen at 0:23 right away instead of late in the video
    The flashing cuts worked nice for me
    Having the walking guy in the video added some interest in the beginning but you could have offered more of a story that would then helped to keep interest up until the end
    Slowing down the pace at 1:00 was nice in my eyes
    The direction change at 1:14 didn't do it for me
    Generally you had a nice variety of shots but the house in the background became repetitive
    The colour grading was nice
    Overall this was one of the better drone videos I get to see but as it lacks story it's basically just a concatenation of random shots
    Hi, thank you very much for you detailed comments, I really appreciate the constructive criticism.
    I tend to agree, after having watched the video a few times now , that I could have expanded on idea behind the walking shots with some additional angles, that is a note for future improvement .

Thanks for watching and for providing comments !