Thread: software help please

Default software help please

Hi,
    I am a newbie, all I want to do is edit the bad bits of my home videos, I don't want to produce a Star Wars movie, or have special effects, just cut out the bad bits and put a title at the start.
    Can I do it NO! I have tried -
    Blender
    acdesee studio
    da vinci
    hitfilm4
    video_editor deluxe
    moviemaker
    videostar
    machete

They all assume I am working with a 27" screen and that I like staring at a black background and that my mouse is slow and smooth......
    I would like to speed viewing (while editing) up the good bits and slo mo the bits I want to edit out so I get join where I want it.

So if anyone can tell me of a programme that allows me to specifiy the colour of my screen and has tools that are bigger than a match head I would be grateful>

cheers
    all

I use Openshot but the Windows version is still in its beta phase.

iMovie on your phone

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I use Openshot but the Windows version is still in its beta phase.
    I appreciate your comment. I have since found Sony Video editor and Vegas Pro both of which are highly configurable for looks and easy to use. Vegas is too expensive but Video editor is reasonable.
    apparently sony sold them to Matrix of germany so I also need to check their offering...once again many thanks to you and anyone else who has been ind enough to comment.

To clarify post # 4 a bit, Sony recently sold a large portion of Sony Creative Software products to the German company MAGIX Software GmbH. Those products include the Vegas Pro and Movie Studio product lines. Sony / SCS does or did not have a video editor called Sony Video Editor. hkmk23 probably means the Sony Movie Studio product line. In case he decides to get an application of that product line, he should choose Movie Studio Platinum and forget the basic Sony Movie Studio.
    (And he apparently did so judging by his posts elsewhere.)
    Last edited by vkmast; 07-11-2016 at 09:49 AM.