Thread: Go Outside. Live. Dream. Ride (Shimano Video Competition)

1. Default Go Outside. Live. Dream. Ride (Shimano Video Competition)

While this video has been submitted, I would love some feedback to keep getting better at setting up shots, editing, colour grading, etc. Many of the shots of myself I had to setup myself as my video 'hands' were unable to assist before the deadline. Some of the city shots were highly overexposed (I didn't realise with display brightness down) and thus there are some shots that I would have loved to reshoot! Anyways, let me know what you think

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    We spend way too much time living out our busy lives indoors and on screens. The real world is outside, go out there. Live. Dream. Ride.

Thanks for watching, like on Vimeo and share if you're inclined. Then go ride.

bit.ly/themtblife

2. Default

I should also mention that this video will only be online until the 22nd and if it makes it to the finals, it will be online for two weeks after Also any colour grading advice would be highly helpful!

The colour grading between the clips seems to be inconsistent for me. Especially in the beginning some are very saturated or blown out while later on some seem to be very flat.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    The colour grading between the clips seems to be inconsistent for me. Especially in the beginning some are very saturated or blown out while later on some seem to be very flat.
    Yeah, I struggled to get them consistent with using a couple of different cameras, on different days with different exposures (one day in the city was highly overexposed) and also manually adjusting each shot! What color grading tools/programs do people use to be effective and efficient?

5. Default

My video has made THE SHIMANO VIDEO COMPETITION FINALS!!! Please watch and LIKE the video on Vimeo if you are able. Comments go a long way also

bit.ly/themtblife

If you don't have a Vimeo account it takes about 20 seconds and is no fuss!

Blog Entries

Congrats, Ryan.
    Tim