Thread: Problems capturing, Panasonic NV-GS120

Default Problems capturing, Panasonic NV-GS120

Ok, so, camera is working fine, records does everything it should.

Hooked up the supplied USB lead to the PC, the camera was recognised and I managed to take the still pictures held on its media card. However when i tried to pull video from the camera it would not connect, I tried using the supplied software as well as premier. I also tried this on two seperate up to date PC's.

Am i right in thinking that the supplied USB lead should allow me to pull video from the camera?? The manual is pretty poor in indicating this.

Anyway I have decided that as firewire seems the best option to order a card and cable (in the post now). Will I have the same problems do you think? Could somebody give me a rough guide on pulling video from the camera as I am sure its the simple process of installing drivers and plugging in, setting camera to pc and loading software.

As you can guess i am a beginner in need.

http://www.onlinething.com
    Free web sites for all mmmmm.

firewire is the way to go. check out the faq.

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

Per the manual, the USB port can only be used to download stills. You'll need Firewire or an analog capture encoder to load the video into your PC. Firewire is cheaper ($20) and zero quality loss.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70

Quote Originally Posted by magajab View Post
    Ok, so, camera is working fine, records does everything it should.

Hooked up the supplied USB lead to the PC, the camera was recognised and I managed to take the still pictures held on its media card. However when i tried to pull video from the camera it would not connect, I tried using the supplied software as well as premier. I also tried this on two seperate up to date PC's.

Am i right in thinking that the supplied USB lead should allow me to pull video from the camera?? The manual is pretty poor in indicating this.

Anyway I have decided that as firewire seems the best option to order a card and cable (in the post now). Will I have the same problems do you think? Could somebody give me a rough guide on pulling video from the camera as I am sure its the simple process of installing drivers and plugging in, setting camera to pc and loading software.

As you can guess i am a beginner in need.

http://www.onlinething.com
    Free web sites for all mmmmm.
    So, did you get this to work? How do you get a Firewire cable into the USB port on the video camera?

Kansas City, Missouri, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe 42

The camera has a firewire port as well as a USB port. No way to connect firewire to USB. Firewire takes a different interface on the PC too. An add-on firewire PCI bus card with cable costs around $20-$30 US.
    Fav quote - "Experience is whatcha don't get 'till ya don't need it no more."

System - Athlon 1.4GHz, Win98, Hauppauge PVR250 receiver and compressor.
    Software -Magix Movie Edit Pro 10, Nero 6 + NeroVision Express, Moho 4.61, PSP 8.1, Bryce, Quicktime 6.52 pro, Goldwave 5, DVD-Lab.
    Cameras - Panasonic GS9, Canon ES8400V, Canon EOS D20 and Canon A70