Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Video is way too small on mobile device

  1. #1

    Default Video is way too small on mobile device

    Original video 1280x720. It's too big to have on phone so I cut it down to about 10 seconds and rendered it as 1920x1080. But the video is so tiny on my phone, it doesn't want to take up the whole screen, which it definitely should with 1920x1080 resolution.

    As you can see it's a black frame around the video and the video is way way too small. Why is this?


    http://i.imgur.com/YdaZ0J4.png

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Looks like it was filmed in portrait mode - could that be the problem?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Looks like it was filmed in portrait mode - could that be the problem?
    It is filmed in portrait mode which means it should fit perfectly into a smartphone that is "standing". Right?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cinderlel View Post
    It is filmed in portrait mode which means it should fit perfectly into a smartphone that is "standing". Right?
    Yes but did you render it in portrait mode as well? If you upload the original to your YouTube account and play it on your phone standing up it should be fine - that's pretty much the way to go these days.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Yes but did you render it in portrait mode as well? If you upload the original to your YouTube account and play it on your phone standing up it should be fine - that's pretty much the way to go these days.
    I just rendered it in 1920x1080. I tried a few lower resolutions as well without success. Never heard of "rendering as portrait" before. This is how the video looks when I watch it in VLC from my PC: https://gyazo.com/24b18f5079a5816614ed98daf61986bc

  6. Default

    When you render it reverse the numbers: instead of 1920x1080 make it 1080x1920.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    When you render it reverse the numbers: instead of 1920x1080 make it 1080x1920.
    yes

    your original is 720x1280 not 1280x720

    just render it to 720x1280 and you will be fine or 1080x1920

    unless you are (gasp) using windows movie maker

    if that's the case, then you need to smash your PC, bury it next to the railroad tracks, then do what bouldersoundguy said

Similar Threads

  1. Video For Mobile
    By quist in forum User Videos
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
  2. Video For Mobile
    By quist in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 05:23 PM
  3. My mobile video for a contest :)
    By Irene in forum User Videos
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2010, 06:42 PM
  4. Mobile phone video nightmare.
    By conundrum000 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 09:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •