Thread: Camcorders Print info on the Tape when they rocord?

Default Camcorders Print info on the Tape when they rocord?

Hello there... hope somebody have this answer..... i have a canon xl1s mini dv camcorder... and i need to know if when it records a tape does it leave a mark or a piece of info printed on the tape?? i know that digital cameras leave their info on a picture when taken.... in other words when you look at the file properties you cant tell wich camera did the shooting... manufacturer, model... etc. does a video camera do this?? and if they do... how can you tell?? and more specific... on mini dv tapes

thanks... :arrow: really need this answer.

All digital video camera leave a date and time stamp on each frame. In fact it is this 'Timecode' is used by most capture packages to batch scenes. In addition the camera itself (Optionally) displays the timecode when the user requires.

In general terms though the Timecode is invisible off line. There are software packages available to display this if required. I recall (ages ago) posting a link to such software. I will search about and see if I can find it.

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Ah, here it is,

http://dts8888.com/
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    Ah, here it is,

http://dts8888.com/
    Thanks for your answer.. really helped..... im in the process to download the software you recomended.... there is one thing that troubles me....
    i ve never set the time and date for this camcorder.... is blank..... i guess that no info in the tapes would be stored.. right??
    The Radio Flyer Experience

i ve never set the time and date for this camcorder.... is blank..... i guess that no info in the tapes would be stored.. right??
    TBH I would be surprised if that was the case. What would be more likely is that the camera will stamp the factory default date and time (whatever that is and start counting from there). But there will be a timecode, in this case it will just use the 'wrong' time and date.

Cheers and Good Luck

Default One more for the Road..

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    TBH I would be surprised if that was the case. What would be more likely is that the camera will stamp the factory default date and time (whatever that is and start counting from there). But there will be a timecode, in this case it will just use the 'wrong' time and date.

Cheers and Good Luck

Thanks 4 ur time... u been helpful... but i got one more quiz.... its clear the subject bout the date and time, no matter if any date was set or not... but i need to know this also...... can i be more specific and tell from wich camera was the tape recorded.... i mean..... if it was my canon or any other camera? does it leaves some kind of print indicating the brand.. or model of the camera itself?? besides the timecode

Thanks a Bunch
    The radio Flyer Experience
    The Radio Flyer Experience

No.

Although you could save the footage from different cams to different folders on your HD, then use a text overlay to indicate what camera.

Just a thought.