Thread: Forget Brexit! Start paddling!!! Well, ok....terrible thread name, but you got it!

Default Forget Brexit! Start paddling!!! Well, ok....terrible thread name, but you got it!

With a rare shot of our ex-presidANTA by the river at 2:00!!! And wait for the traditional happy ending at the...end!

Blog Entries

Beautifully show, as always, Tony. A nice family/friends/relaxed feel with some great wildlife thrown in for good measure.
    Tim

I loved the capybaras

i didnt recognize any of the of the other wildlife so this was great

How were the mosquitos? People didn't seem to be bothered by them at all but you are obviously in the middle of a forest

Very nicley shot Tony. As Tim said with the music you get a very relaxed feeling from the video. If I'm being really pedantic there are a few de-saturated clips which stand out as different from the rest of the shots, eg of the bird at around 2:26 mins and the beaver shot straight after that.

Very nice piece.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I loved the capybaras

i didnt recognize any of the of the other wildlife so this was great

How were the mosquitos? People didn't seem to be bothered by them at all but you are obviously in the middle of a forest
    Hi Zami. This is at the Pantanal, central Brazil, an area the size of England that stays underwater for 6 months of the year and almost dry for the other 6..... Cattle farming, fishing and tourism are the main activities there, Wonderful place to see wildlife, specially birds. You have two moments for mosquitos: early morning and dusk. I carry a huge "tent" with mosquito net where we gather to prepare the dinner every day end. One to two hours in there cooking and talking and then the night sky is the main show (nearest lamp is about 500km away!),

It´s interesting how the tropics got famous for bugs, while in Canada canoeing trips you suffer ten times more with blackflies, noseeums etc.... that attack you 24h a day. Zika is another story!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Very nicley shot Tony. As Tim said with the music you get a very relaxed feeling from the video. If I'm being really pedantic there are a few de-saturated clips which stand out as different from the rest of the shots, eg of the bird at around 2:26 mins and the beaver shot straight after that.

Very nice piece.
    Thanks MB.... I filmed with the Sony NX70 this one, what usually get a good (and constant) result accordingly to the real ambient.... Can´t remember changing anything in colours later, but I remembrer that the shot you mentioned was made very early in the morning, probably shaded by the usual clouds over the river until the heat takes place.... BTW, always a doubt here: shall we follow the real "mood" of the moment or twist everything to get a more constant look of the entire film... I know that a minimum planning and script/story could solve this problem, but in a collage like that...???

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Hi Zami. This is at the Pantanal, central Brazil, an area the size of England that stays underwater for 6 months of the year and almost dry for the other 6..... Cattle farming, fishing and tourism are the main activities there, Wonderful place to see wildlife, specially birds. You have two moments for mosquitos: early morning and dusk. I carry a huge "tent" with mosquito net where we gather to prepare the dinner every day end. One to two hours in there cooking and talking and then the night sky is the main show (nearest lamp is about 500km away!),

It´s interesting how the tropics got famous for bugs, while in Canada canoeing trips you suffer ten times more with blackflies, noseeums etc.... that attack you 24h a day. Zika is another story!!!
    At this time of year in Canada you need to be a real man if you want to go on a canoe trip - a real man with two metal cans of deep-woods "off" which you are holding at arms-length and spraying at yourself constantly while you are on land (nothing bothers you in the water).

The best time for this sort of thing is September