Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zey The Mouse Episode 3 'A Trip to The Seaside' Animation, Funhouse summer fun!

Default Zey The Mouse Episode 3 'A Trip to The Seaside' Animation, Funhouse summer fun!

Hi, all, hope your all o.k?

After 10 long months of making Zey's new episode, a summer theme, it's here, so happy to have made
    this exciting adventure! New characters include Mr. Raccoon and Fernando Fox, sand castles, moving waves, ice creams etc!.
    and trouble, with a surreal funhouse and a mystery involved! without me giving it all away!!!

Hope you enjoy?

The sets were great as usual - the coffee shop-style price boards were a nice touch

The animations are getting better all the time

The story had all the required elements - characters, context, conflict, climax and conclusion

The pace could have been faster

Great job

Hey, thanks for watching, your kind words mean alot, i'm glad it all came together, surprisingly, as it was a heavy work load, managed to pull it through, so i am joyed

Blog Entries

Agree with Zam. The animation is definitely improving - watch for keeping the lighting constant throughout the scenes we got the occasional flicker.
    On thing that struck me, and this may have added to the feelng of lack of pace, each spoken line felt a bit isolated and I wonder whether something binding the scenes together more might work - either some music or ambient sounds (eg at the beach you could have aconstant background sound of waves/seagulls etc, in the cafe you could have teacups clattering, washing up etc)
    Tim

Technically it's the best I've seen from you. Just one technical point. The white balance of the camera was a little off in a lot of the shots. Some worse than others but mostly acceptable as it gave a warm feel for the subject of going to the beach.

When you had the Foley sound of the sea it ends abruptly, I think fading it out would be better.

It's hard to know if the story and the pace are right as I'm not the target audience.

Well done it's getting better with each one you do.

What Zam said
    Really try to work on your pace.

The characters and thing's are moving at a proper rate, so i'm not sure what you mean by 'work on the pace'??
    because i'm using 15 shots on my stop motion pro 7 program, you can choose from 15 shots or 24, it works

The video elements are fine

What I meant is that the story itself needs to move along faster

But I think Tim's suggestion about adding more ambient sounds will make an even bigger improvement than speeding up the story beats

Oh right, yes sorry i see what you mean, sorry i thought you were talking about the other. I did want a little tiny music break, had some great feedback in places,
    so it's nice to hear fans have enjoyed watching.

Zey will be in the newspapers next week so looking forward to that!

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    Oh right, yes sorry i see what you mean, sorry i thought you were talking about the other. I did want a little tiny music break, had some great feedback in places,
    so it's nice to hear fans have enjoyed watching.

Zey will be in the newspapers next week so looking forward to that!
    The bottom line is that hard work pays off - keep it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast