Thread: Vegas is suddenly destroying my CPU

Default Vegas is suddenly destroying my CPU

recently whenever i tried to render a video, no matter how small it was. Sony vegas uses up 100% of my CPU and causes my laptop to heat up rapidly and spin the fan really fast until the render ends. Whats going on and how do i make it go back to normal.

That's to be expected, rendering video is very resource hungry. It's actually good that Vegas is using all the resources of the computer that it can, it will render the videos quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    That's to be expected, rendering video is very resource hungry. It's actually good that Vegas is using all the resources of the computer that it can, it will render the videos quicker.
    what? but this didnt happen before. its worrying that my computer is being put under that much stress for a lousy 3 minute 480p video. I'm not rendering 4K

Google (or similar) "high CPU usage" pertinent to your operating system.

5. Default

Could be dust clogging the cooling fins. One of my towers was getting noisy, CPU fan running hard, so I opened it up and blew out the dust. It's nearly silent now because the cooling system is working properly, even when running at or near 100% for hours at a time rendering video.

Its starting to take up 100% CPU when i simply PLAY a video within Vegas now.

Quote Originally Posted by blooblabb24 View Post
    Its starting to take up 100% CPU when i simply PLAY a video within Vegas now.
    does the video play normally?

100% cpu usage isn't necessarily a bad thing

Try to forget the cpu monitor and tell us what isn't working properly

And don't worry about the fans going on and off - that just falls under "electromechanical artifacts" which, unless you bought a decent name-brand PC like AlienWare, you need to live with as a consequence of your "thriftiness"
    Last edited by zamiotana; 06-22-2016 at 12:34 AM.

8. Default

My CPU meter pegs when I visit Facebook. Heck, it pegs for the better part of a minute when I leave FB, probably just clearing all the junk that site loads into my computer's memory.