Thread: Help with adding same text properties to multiple clips (Sony Vegas)

Question Help with adding same text properties to multiple clips (Sony Vegas)

Hello,

So I'm trying to change the text colour of multiple clips at the same time. I've tried pasting attributes, although obviously that only pastes keyframe combinations and video FX.

Here's the example, I want to get multiple clips to have a blue outline around the text without individually editing them. Any ideas?

Example:

http://prntscr.com/bglo11

Here's part of the video if you wanted to look. Trying to change the text of the raging guy into blue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1inn...ature=youtu.be

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Oli

Blog Entries

The short answer is you can't.

However, you may be come up with something if you think laterally. For example, can you use an event FX to change the colour? Then you could simply paste attributes.
    Alternatively use the text as a mask and a parent layer to a layer to a child that contains generated media of a solid colour - then simply change the colour of the gen med.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    The short answer is you can't.

However, you may be come up with something if you think laterally. For example, can you use an event FX to change the colour? Then you could simply paste attributes.
    Alternatively use the text as a mask and a parent layer to a layer to a child that contains generated media of a solid colour - then simply change the colour of the gen med.
    I don't understand the text as a mask idea, although I can't use the initial idea because It is only the outside outline of the text not entire text so won't work

The OP might read this ancient thread from elsewhere to see if it helps some. Not applicable to multiple events as you still need to apply it multiple times, but I liked it.

If you have Vegas Pro 12 or 13 you might experiment with the Layer Dimensionality tool, which was just suggested elsewhere. You'll be able to paste event attributes.
    You get tutorials if you google.

I had a look and it looked useless, just shadows and light centres..? That's no where near what I need

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiGaming View Post
    I had a look and it looked useless, just shadows and light centres..? That's no where near what I need
    Yes, I experimented with that too. You are probably looking at a plug-in like NewBlue Titler which will do what you want. You can set up a template title (colours/animations etc) and use it for a bunch of captions, then if you change one (eg colour) you can select whether you want to apply it to all titles generated from that template or just the one.
    Tim

Yes, I experimented with that too. You are probably looking at a plug-in like NewBlue Titler which will do what you want. You can set up a template title (colours/animations etc) and use it for a bunch of captions, then if you change one (eg colour) you can select whether you want to apply it to all titles generated from that template or just the one.
    Need to download this plugin?

I'm not willing to pay for it, I mean its not a massive issue and would only take 5 minutes to change the subtitles but I was just thinking it'd be useful for future projects.