Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brexit

With 1.3% of the vote counted it looks like leave is ahead by 50.5 to 49.5

A nail-biter for sure!

2. Default

Am I the only person covering this ???

vegas is saying Brexit 3-1

3. Default

Looks like the knuckle-draggers may have pulled it off - just because your arms are longer than your legs and torso doesn't mean you can't make an "X" on a ballot - who knew?

Interesting reading after the result... With such a small difference, I guess you will have a lot to discuss in the next years! Looks like my next trip to Europe will include Scotland but not England!!

I'm a bit puzzled by all the doom and gloom scenarios that are suddenly appearing in the media - if Canada left nafta there would be some upheaval but everything would eventually settle down

The fundamental problem with he original Canada-US free trade deal was that US workers were 20% more productive than Canadian workers - for various reasons - but Canada was fine because of vast energy resources and a secret recipe for something called "poutine"

When Europe went with the Euro I suspected that many countries didn't realize their workers would suddenly have to be as productive as German workers - not possible for countries like Greece - or go broke - which they are doing

Blog Entries

The big problem is that we import so much, and most of it from the EU. So, prices for most things are going to go up when we lose the lucrative trade deals we have made.

I have already lost my two largest (and best paid) contracts for next year because the producers don't like the uncertainty (one of them was from your country Zam!) I don't blame them. If I were shooting on continental Europe I wouldn't pick someone from a country outside the EU. where there might possibly be employment restrictions imposed.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345