Thread: Idea....shoot....edit

1. Default Idea....shoot....edit

This was a quicky

One of my boys raised an idea, already in his pyjama's, so we grabbed the cam, shot the footage in 5 minutes, and when he woke up the next morning daddy finished his idea.....

Hope you like it

https://youtu.be/P1JaYeCwycM

There are 2 Parts I would have liked to change in the fx, but given the short time I was pretty pleased.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Not bad - certainly far better than I could do.
    The first bit of the "peeling" of Iron Man off the page was sold really well - some nice shadows going on.
    The final cut to the slapped down figure was good too.
    The rest really needed some shadow to sell it as well as some reflected glow from the jets.
    Iron Man's movement was a bit "slidey" on the table.
    I thought the jets were a bit too cartoony.

Which sounds like a lot of criticism, but really isn't meant as such (you're probably aware of all of these anyway).
    I doubt I'd have managed to edit the shots together in the time frame, let alone add in any FX!
    Tim

Blog Entries

Wot Tim said.

I liked it, short, sweet and fun. Like Tim, I can see what's not quite right but it works and is enjoyable to watch.

4. Default

The 2 parts that were not completely to my satisfaction were the movements of the jets, and the walking to the table side.
    Both were caused by animatiefilm in a moving frame.
    Lesson learned was: shoot steady frame, tegen animate, zoom and pan on the finished shot.

Very funny and well done! Less saturation for the ironman and better color matching and add shadows like Tim said.

I don't know I might be a bit tired at the moment but the pen kick made my day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeronimoFX View Post
    The 2 parts that were not completely to my satisfaction were the movements of the jets, and the walking to the table side.
    Both were caused by animatiefilm in a moving frame.
    Lesson learned was: shoot steady frame, tegen animate, zoom and pan on the finished shot.
    I don't know what you're editing in, but what this requires is tracking. Have you tried HitFilm Express (free)? There was an excellent course from FutureLearn which i think has just been relaunched. It'll take you through the process of adding an image (it'll be the same if the image is animated) to a moving shot (and it shows you how to do it in HitFilm). The techniques are pretty much the same as for other VFX software.

The thing is, if you successfully composite in to a moving image, the effect is better than into a static one, because there is more to sidtract the viewers' eyes.

I was right - starts again in August. https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/vfx-for-filmmakers
    Tim

7. Default

I use motion, and used tracking

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JeronimoFX View Post
    I use motion, and used tracking
    I did wonder as the tracking of the LED seemed very accurate. Perhaps the problem here is with the animation of the walking rather than the tracking.
    Tim