Thread: After many tutorials, still having issues with VCD from .MOV

Default After many tutorials, still having issues with VCD from .MOV

I currently have a .mov video file that is about 1.25GB in size. Unfortunately, I do not have a DVD burner so I have to resort to creating a VCD.

First off, I use Nero and am unable to use the .mov file to burn a VCD. Secondly, the file is 1.25GB in size which I will need to split into 2 files so they can fit on 700MB CD-R discs --this, I will be able to do once I get the .mov into .avi, and use NeroVision to split the file.

In order to satisfy Nero's incompatability with my particular .mov video file, I would like to convert it to an .avi file. However, after following numerous amounts of tutorials and using software from Rad Video Tools to Graphedit, as well as many programs that promise to convert .mov to .avi, I have been unsucessful.

According to Quicktime (yes, I've also tried using Quicktime Pro), here are the details of my .mov file:

Is anyone able to shed some light, with the information I provided, on other ways I can convert my .mov video to .avi? Some issues I've had in the past with the other tutorials and programs was missing audio, missing video, and static video (unfortunately, putting many CD's to waste since I found the problems after burning them to VCD's).

Thanks

I've been trying to convert some mov files to avi or dvd format, but with every software I've tried, it eithers has a watermark until you purchase it or can't get it to work. sorry, can't help cause I'm stuck in the same boat

I found a solution! Well, at least it worked in my situation. You can read up on it here: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...063#post289063. LT. Columbo was nice enough to offer his expertise.

When you use tmpgenc, don't forget to download the Quicktime Reader Plug-In --something that other tutorials that use tmpgenc fail to mention. You can download it here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...or_tmpgenc.cfm

You can use some of the questions and answers on my thread as reference to guide you through the process. I found that leaving everything at default, and choosing the Full Screen (keep ratio 2) tip he mentioned worked perfectly. All good things, however, come with a price. The price you have to pay for using this method, which works perfectly if I may say so again, is that it takes quite some time. For my 1.25GB 3ivx AAC .mov file, it took 6 hours to encode. Then again, this will most likely vary, depending on your hardware.

Good Luck!