Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio help!

Default Audio help!

Is there any way to play two different audios on different sides?

2. Default

Yes, but the details will somewhat depend on the software you're using.

I've been using audacity, but whenever I try isolating the sound to one side, I can still hear it on the other side (although not as loud).

4. Default

How are you "isolating the sound to one side"? That's a very simple process with few ways to go off course.

I tried using panning

6. Default

That would be the direct way to do it. How are you listening to it, computer speakers or something else? I ask because some setups, especially surround sound, may have processing that undoes your panning to a degree. Do the meters show any signal on the left when you pan 100% to the right? If not then I would suspect something other than Audacity.

The meters do not show anything on the left when I pan all the way to the right, and I am using these.

8. Default

Those are for a cellphone. There's an extra contact to allow for a microphone (whether that has one or not). That may interfere with the separation between left and right. Even if that's not the problem you will likely benefit from better headphones. Using good studio monitors is the "right" way to go, but that's not always practical and it demands a better acoustic environment.

Hi ,
    I have done this only yesterday using Simcast Studiohttps://youtu.be/-0YSTimpsdM

There are two video and two audio players so yes it can be done. It is really all about the software you are using.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by tommyfinnegan View Post
    Hi ,
    I have done this only yesterday using Simcast Studiohttps://youtu.be/-0YSTimpsdM

There are two video and two audio players so yes it can be done. It is really all about the software you are using.
    First post, link to a video, generalized text. I'm getting a drive-by click-bait vibe from this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast