Thread: New independently shot music video. Please have a look & listen :-)

1. Default New independently shot music video. Please have a look & listen :-)

Hi everyone

Would appreciate it very much if you could spare a moment to check out this new song.
    Please do leave your thoughts in a comment to if possible.
    Would love to hear your feedback good or bad!

Cheers

The visuals match the music very well. Nice variety of footage. Good use of close-ups. The visual story of the couple could have started when they weren't that close yet. A twist would have been nice (or I simply didn't get what the letter was about) but I guess the song deserves some cheesyness

Blog Entries

Pretty much agree with XXLRay.

Really liked the song, the performance and the production. That singer/songwriter market has about a million people trying to "make it" so it's pot luck, but great quality recording (and video) will certainly help. Unusual for this sort of material to have the change of time signature and I heartily approve of this The female backing vocals reminded me of Yvonne Elliman on Clapton's "Slowhand" and the whole sound reminded me to get my daughter to return my Ryan Adams CD (this is not a citicism, good music is good music and inevitably there will be similarities.

Oh, the video ...
    Apart from what Ray said, my only concern about the video was the out of focus decorative lights in the foreground. I have a friend who uses teh same trik to bring a bit of life to the image and it works well. However, whilst I think a bit of movement works, I'm not so sure it works when it moves across the subject as it does several times here. Stuff moving across the subject can work, if the "stuff" has some signiicance (for example if we see the subject behind wrought iron railings, then we see him close up wit the railing out of focus. Maybe it doesn't matter and I wouldn't normally notice and it may be that the reason I did notice was because the first shot of the singer had a great bloody blob obscuring his mouth, whic I think was a bad move.
    Tim

4. Default

Cheers XXLRay, yes the letter was just to signify her leaving for work and a new life abroad etc. Thanks for taking the time to watch!

5. Default

Pretty positive feedback there thanks alot
    Yes we didn't know weather to try the lights or not in the foreground but i think overall or to an average eye at least it works.
    Cheers

This kind of music really isn't what I listen usually but this video and music worked really well together. Good job! If I have to say something I would like a bit deeper colors. This looked a bit flat to my eye. But it might suit for the video maybe.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Toeh View Post
    This kind of music really isn't what I listen usually but this video and music worked really well together. Good job! If I have to say something I would like a bit deeper colors. This looked a bit flat to my eye. But it might suit for the video maybe.
    Hey cheers Toeh! Yes your probably right i imagined it to be richer in colour and a bit of a darker vibe too.
    Think it came out good anyway for what it is.
    Cheers for commenting budd.