First post here.
I'd call myself a newbie with limited technical knowledge of video cameras.
I used to work for an 'adult' studio where i sometimes shot for them using i think a Canon XF100 or similar. The camera was usually set up for me and all i needed to do was focus occasionally.
I'm now doing this on my own so need a camera, it is worth noting that i am not shooting high end professional scenes but rather 'amateur' scenes almost exclusively in peoples homes. I will have a couple of lights.
I have found the Sony HDR-CX900E, this looks to be perfect for my needs. Problem is i can only find it from the Sony store at the RRP of £1199.00, it is available from online shops for as little as £782 but every one I've found is abroad with dubious reviews so i will not take that risk.
Editing is not an issue as i have others to do that.
I liked the Sony HDR-CX900E Camcorder for these reasons:
- It's light, most filming will be handheld.
- I'm told the lens and sensor are great quality
- I don't need to be shooting in 4k for at least a couple of years.
- I read the image stabilization is very good.
- It records in both AVCHD and MPEG4 simultaneously, this is ideal for me as i can upload clips to websites with the mpeg4 and use the AVCHD for the dvd/movie version.
- Fairly decent stills (for my purpose) can be grabbed from the video.
- It has WiFi, also very useful for me. (I'm also interested to find out if i could live stream using the wifi or if it is just for transferring files, can't find anything about that)
My top budget is £1000 but ideally i'd like to spend £800
So i either need a place i can walk into (In the West Midlands-ish area) to buy the camera, a reputable UK online store where i can buy with confidence or an alternative camera.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i would like to purchase the camera in the next 2 weeks.
Many thanks in advance.