Thread: BM micro cinema action cam

Default BM micro cinema action cam

There is some chatter about this BM camera in my hang gliding club (where the GoPro rules supreme today)...

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/ca/products/blackmagicmicrocinemacamera

I don't often use "action cams" I've got a GoPro 2 that hasn't seen the light of day for a year. Black Magic seem to be bringing out products all over the film making spectrum. This micro cam looks good on paper but it's more than twice the price of a GoPro. You would expect that with the extra features it has. I'm not sure it will knock GoPro off it's perch just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I don't often use "action cams" I've got a GoPro 2 that hasn't seen the light of day for a year. Black Magic seem to be bringing out products all over the film making spectrum. This micro cam looks good on paper but it's more than twice the price of a GoPro. You would expect that with the extra features it has. I'm not sure it will knock GoPro off it's perch just yet.
    well - here's an idea - why not buy the "chesty" harness mount for your GoPro 2 and take up parkour this summer - we can all enjoy your adventures

I guess the big advantage with the black magic is the interchangeable lens and remote control operation of the camera settings .. Which you can't do with the GoPro. Having said that I've seen some great results from the ( relatively speaking) cheap drones with go pros
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

You can use your smart phone to control the GoPro if it's not too far away.