Thread: Epic Fire Dancer

1. Default Epic Fire Dance

So, here is the first video I shot with my new Panasonic GH4. I worked with a very talented fire artist. I also used a Metabones Speedbooster XL, the Tokina 11-16 2.8, the Tamron 17-50 2.8 and the Glidecam HD2000. Hope you enjoy it!

Last edited by TheFutureOfAwesome; 04-11-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Generally it was a good video. I especially liked the shots when the sunset was at it's best. Some of the shots might have been better with a bit of subtle lighting like a rim.back like when he was shot against a really dark background.

I thought it was well stitched together and noticed some thought had gone into some of the transitions.

Good job.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Agree with what Midnight says. The shots worked best when we could see the human form either in silhouette or lit.Those where we only see fire work, but could be used less frequently, perhaps a punctuation or transitions. Speaking of which, I loved the "2001: A Space Odyssey" moment at 0:58.
    I particularly liked the way the video progressed. You added new angles/shots as the video progresses, but kept returning to the shots you knew worked best (where the talent is silhouetted against the sunset) to give the viewer a good reference point. I particularly liked the overhead shot.

Good job (2)

Super, very beatiuful video

Beautiful video, well shot, smooth and nice setting! I liked the shots with colored skies most. To my taste it could be a bit shorter though..