Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Britain by Drone ...

Default Hidden Britain by Drone ...

Sunday, 8pm , channel 4 .... worth a watch ?

'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Looks interesting, sky-plus booked!

Blog Entries

Was it worth watching?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    Was it worth watching?
    i think the trailer probably gave away the whole story, however you lot did export somebody to us recently and his show is definitely worth watching - if your local tv outlet doesn't let you watch "lucifer" then you should definitely stop paying for your tv license and come to Canada

There's an I guess similar series in German television but if you are not that much into "air footage" it doesn't offer much value beyond that.

I tied to watch it. It was up and down for me. I thought the underground mail trains bit was interesting but I couldn't get passed the fact that someone who designs dresses could earn so much money.

I'm in the wrong business.

Blog Entries

It was worth watching, not so much for the drone footage which wasn't particularly worthwhile, but for the glimpses into areas which you don't normally get to see.

I loved the old nuclear base in Norfolk. The idea of nuclear warheads being kept in garden sheds was surreal!

XXL there have been some sublime series in Germany, like , Die Ostsee von oben", "Die Alpen von oben" and "Die Elbe von oben" in fact all the "von oben" series (Nordsee, Nordfriesland etc. etc.) which were filmed by a really good mate.... from a helicopter, not a piddly drone!

In fact we worked together a few times which was okay as long as I was hanging out of the door with a proper camera, but as soon as the firm went to 100% Wescam, I had to stop as I vomited every time we went up!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt Rob View Post
    I loved the old nuclear base in Norfolk. The idea of nuclear warheads being kept in garden sheds was surreal!
    Surreal, maybe, but idiosyncratically British
    Tim

i was a bit disappointed TBH !

some not so interesting documentary subjects given a bit of interest by drone footage. ordinarily, would i have watched a documentary on millionaires row in pool dorset without the drone footage ? probably not
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Watching an episode on catch up now. Two stand out moments so far:
    • Tony Robinson explains that the drones get closer than ever before to a wreck with high explosives - we then cut to a woman on a boat right next to the shipwreck with a camcorder. And then to a picture of a chap touching the wreck on a long board.
    • Tony Robinson explains that the drones are flying through the dyson factory (as the reflection in the glass shows a man holding a camera).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast