Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding Film is awful - HELP

Default Wedding Film is awful - HELP

Hi
    Hoping for some help. I got married a couple years ago and my wedding video is awful to the point I cannot bear to watch it. Long story short, my videographer was taken seriously ill at the last minute (less than a week before the wedding) so his son took over. Not sure if he was trained or experienced but it was so last minute, I was too panicked to do anything but agree to this.
    He didn't get many decent shots but it wasn't too bad if only he had shot it in HD! Now its a non HD movie and it just looks such poor quality and really outdated. I have no idea if I can get the original, unedited version. (I may be able to but the original videographer has now retired due to poor health) but is there anything I can do to make it HD? And to just edit it to make it look better and less tacky??
    And would I need the original, unedited version?

Hoping you guys can help? Really appreciate it!

I would be ahppy to look at it, BUT, anyone doing so would need to be assured that you have the copyright to edit it, alter it, if not they, I you could be sued, and rightly too.

I appreciate that it is "your" wedding video BUT could still need the permission of the original photographer to alter HIS video

Most things are possible

http://www.jrs-photography.co.uk/index.html

Many thanks for your reply. I totally understand. I don't think my videographer would have a massive issue with it (but I can check to be on the safe side)
    Would you need the original unedited version? Or would my copy which is his version of edited be sufficient?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Space2016 View Post
    is there anything I can do to make it HD?
    No, but what people tend to forget is DVDs are SD (Standard Definition). Many wedding videographers will tell you they rarely get asked for BluRay copies, and DVDs are the norm (OK they probably produce an HD version for people to watch on-line, but i bet these are mostly watched on small badly (or non) calibrated PC screens.
    Tim

Thanks Tim. So it's just the editing of the film that I need? Is that possible?

Blog Entries

Thanks Tim. So it's just the editing of the film that I need? Is that possible?
    Suggest you take up JR1's offer to take a look.
    Tim

Many thanks for your reply. I totally understand. I don't think my videographer would have a massive issue with it (but I can check to be on the safe side)
    Would you need the original unedited version? Or would my copy which is his version of edited be sufficient?
    as I am assured you have permission either, but un edited original is best. Costs NOTHING to look
    As long

You can take a DVd and convert it to HD or in fact anything at all, what you can NOT do is...............

Make a bad video better if it is out of focus
    Put in what is not there e.g chrisp clear images

You can adjust colour, clarity, tone, sound etc but only to an "extent"

Tims' point is very valid DVDs are widescreen SD, I shoot on HD and then have to render down fro DVD.

You can upscale a DVD to HD but all the original information form the HD version is lost

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Tims' point is very valid DVDs are widescreen SD, I shoot on HD and then have to render down fro DVD.

You can upscale a DVD to HD but all the original information form the HD version is lost
    As I said you can't put in what is not there eg detail, same as you said later

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast