Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In The Hide

Default In The Hide

Another practice piece after coming out of hibernation. Not exactly full of wild life but still a relaxing piece to unwind to after a stressful day.

some VERY smooth tracking shots there MB ! i find them notoriously difficult to do ... whats your secret ?

would be good to do a 4 seasons type feature at this location !!

nice work.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

I use laggy bands to pull the head round. You need to get just the right tension in the head for the particular elastic band you use.

I like the idea of doing a 4 seasons thing there, the good thing is that it's very close to where I live so I'm sure you'll be seeing more from here.

0:35 0:45 seemed to be a bit out of level. But that may well be just the scene.
    Colours were a bit dull in general but nice e.g. at 2:55 and 6:00.
    Wobble at 3:31.
    The start of pans was a bit wobbly sometimes as well. I wanted to suggest using a rubber band to pull the tripod's handle but then saw that you already do so. The pans for themselves were very smooth.
    Too much open space at the bottom at 4:35 for my taste.
    The video works well as a relaxing piece though. At least I feel relaxed now

Well spotted on the unlevel shot I missed that. Again, well spotted on the wobble there was quite a few wobble shots because the wooden floor of the hide moved every time my wife walked about.

I deliberatly kept the colours a bit dull, firstly it was a bit of a dull day and also I thought that went with the music better. All part of trying to get a relaxing mood for the piece.

Thanks for the crit. Ray.

Thanks for a good kick up the arse, I really will have to get my hide out when I move to Wales

It's why I made it JR.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    0:35 0:45 seemed to be a bit out of level. But that may well be just the scene.
    Good grief! How did you spot that? You're right, but it's sleight. The only true reference seems to be the house in the centre of the screen and we only have a very short bit of vertical line there. The white posts on the far bank aren't true and neither are the uprights on the fences behind. Well spotted!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Good grief! How did you spot that?
    That old wound from the war itched a bit

Well, I've used my protractor and set square and found it was 1.5 degrees out.

I will now fall on my sword.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast