Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finding the right software

Default Finding the right software

I have a PC running Windows 10 on a 32 bit system and am looking for a software prog that I can use to make HD quality family films. Can you recommend anything, please?

I have tried Power Director 14live BUT when I get to the 'make disc' stage an error message comes up.

Blog Entries

I'd recommend Sony Movie Studio Platinum or Suite (the basic version does not come with DVD Architect - the module that makes DVDs and BluRay.
    You can download a fully working trial. Just truy it and see if you can burn a DVD

However, I really think you ought to establish why you cannot "make disc". Investigate the error message, contact Cyberlink, go to the user forum. There's no point installing something else (and more importantly learning it) if the issue lies not with the software but with something else on your system.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'd recommend Sony Movie Studio Platinum or Suite (the basic version does not come with DVD Architect - the module that makes DVDs and BluRay.
    You can download a fully working trial. Just truy it and see if you can burn a DVD

However, I really think you ought to establish why you cannot "make disc". Investigate the error message, contact Cyberlink, go to the user forum. There's no point installing something else (and more importantly learning it) if the issue lies not with the software but with something else on your system.
    Thanks Tim. I've had great support from Cyberlink and tried all their responses to my questions BUT to no avail. I installed PD initially in 2015 and got nowhere after trying their suggestions. BUT I thought - 'Give them another chance' - which I am currently. I have tried Freemake Video Converter to test out my burners and I managed fine. Unfortunately I couldn't include transitions and music using this limited programme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nodrog26 View Post
    Thanks Tim. I've had great support from Cyberlink and tried all their responses to my questions BUT to no avail. I installed PD initially in 2015 and got nowhere after trying their suggestions. BUT I thought - 'Give them another chance' - which I am currently. I have tried Freemake Video Converter to test out my burners and I managed fine. Unfortunately I couldn't include transitions and music using this limited programme.
    Sounds like you've done some reasonable diagnosis.
    Could you not export a final edit as a format Freemake Video Converter will accept, the just use that to burn the DVD?
    Tim

Good idea, Tim. I'll try that when I return from holiday next Sunday.

I have sony plat edition, tried, failed, tried again, give up, always return to what I ahve been using and upgrading for eighteen years, Pinnacle.

I'm afraid Pinnacle doesn't work with a 32 bit system otherwise I would be using it too, JR1.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    I have sony plat edition, tried, failed, tried again, give up, always return to what I ahve been using and upgrading for eighteen years, Pinnacle.
    Your point being ...?
    Tim

My point is that I have used Pinnacle on an earlier pc and found it extremely good BUT Corel don't have an editing programme that works with my system - 32bit/Windows 10. All their progs require 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Your point being ...?
    I got Sony because people here said it was good, after installation I found it difficult to learn, and believe me I have been into IT since CP/M and Dos 3.2,

To me it is not as intuative as pinnacle. Perhsps it is what you are used to and brought up on, ok Pinnacle has many faults, but I prefer the front end. One day I may spend even more (more more more) hours trying out Sony yet again

Nodrog26

Why not go to 64 bit, surely it was a FREE upgrade..................? why chose 32bit

Look here, but I think most will be 64bit

http://www.videostudiopro.com/en/pro...ent=VS|Upgrade

Take a look here

http://www.ezvid.com/21-best-video-e...-free-download
    Last edited by JR1; 04-03-2016 at 09:54 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast