Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding the right software

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nodrog26 View Post
    My point is that I have used Pinnacle on an earlier pc and found it extremely good BUT Corel don't have an editing programme that works with my system - 32bit/Windows 10. All their progs require 64 bit.
    I understood that I was asking JR1 what his point was
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    I got Sony because people here said it was good, after installation I found it difficult to learn, and believe me I have been into IT since CP/M and Dos 3.2,
    To me it is not as intuative as pinnacle. Perhsps it is what you are used to and brought up on,
    But in the same way that you don't get on with Vegas, there are plenty of people who do. Or Corel. Or Power Director. Or Adobe Premiere. Of Final Cut etc etc etc. Different people take to different software. This is accepted and I don't really see how you stating you didn't get on with Vegas helps move the conversation along. I simply suggested another product (and one which i was familar with, at least in it's OPrio incarnation) which fitted the bill of being 32bit.

As it happens I cut my teeth on Pinnacle Studio, found it unreliable (version 9) and swapped to Vegas. The only difficulty I experienced was getting my head around the fact that the video tracks worked the other way round (ie uppermost track has priority - the same as just about every NLE except Pinnacle)..I'm not dissing Pinnacle Studio, I agree it is intutive and I often recommend it myself when appropriate. I also recommend others like Premiere - a product where I don't find the interface intuitive, but I accept others do.

One day I may spend even more (more more more) hours trying out Sony yet again
    I'd be glad to assist if you get stuck. As someon who has been into IT I would have expected it to suit as it is doesn't make assumptions and exposes much more of what's really going on. It is also far more flexible (for example you can apply FX to an event, a track, to a whole media (ie everything from the same clip from the camera) or the whole edited timeline. It also has a massive armoury of audio tools. What it doesn't have is a plethora of dreadful transitions so you can do lots of 3D heart shapes to make yor video look very unprofessional. (However, you can create your own if you have the time, patience and inclination)

But there again, my time starting in IT was on IBM and ICL mainframes so maybe that's why I found it easy to convert!

Why not go to 64 bit, surely it was a FREE upgrade..................?
    But that would require a clean install. You and I might prefer a clean install anyway, but a hell of a lot of people would not feel confident doing that.
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12