Thread: Don't know where else to post this.

Default Don't know where else to post this.

I see many videos here and elsewhere.

I am always careful with my music I attach to any video, I use mainly Shutterstock and pay the royalty, however from all I see, I wonder how open people are leaving themselves to being sued by just adding any old music/song without a thought for the person who composed it.

Perhaps I am wrong

JR

Photographer with Classic Cars Magazine

Last edited by JR1; 03-13-2016 at 06:13 PM.

I've moved this to the "User Video" section. If that's not right let me know and I'll put it where you want it.

Nice pics but it would have looked better if you'd uploaded it in HD (minimum 720p).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JR1 View Post
    I wonder how open people are leaving themselves to being sued by just adding any old music/song without a thought for the person who composed it.
    It depends on how you are using it.
    I think that with YouTube now there is some sort of agreement whereby they are paying royalties and/or adverts are stuck on the page/video to compensate. Certainly a couple of mine have been fagged.
    For amateur film festivals, I pay an annual licence which allows the use of commercial music (and covers me for "family & friends" only, type videos as well.
    For commercial stuff (specifically DVDs of school productions) I pay the PRS limited manufacture licence.
    For anything elase I do as you do and you buyout production music from SmartSound or Sony
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It depends on how you are using it.
    I think that with YouTube now there is some sort of agreement whereby they are paying royalties and/or adverts are stuck on the page/video to compensate. Certainly a couple of mine have been fagged.
    For amateur film festivals, I pay an annual licence which allows the use of commercial music (and covers me for "family & friends" only, type videos as well.
    For commercial stuff (specifically DVDs of school productions) I pay the PRS limited manufacture licence.
    For anything elase I do as you do and you buyout production music from SmartSound or Sony
    A cheaper and yet just as lawful an alternative is as follows:

1) Realize that all the music that's out there is 99% trash (I'm being kind, it's pretty much 100%)
    2) Internalize the fact that you can puke up a better song simply by sticking your finger down your throat
    3) Pick up an iPhone or iPad and download GarageBand
    4) Slap some tunes together and stick it to the man

As a sidebar, if you guys want to download my stuff from SoundCloud and use it in your movies, just credit me as Zamiotana or at least something close like the Zamster, the Zam-meister, Zam-the-man, the Zaminator, Zam-a-saurus Rex, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    A cheaper and yet just as lawful an alternative is as follows:

1) Realize that all the music that's out there is 99% trash (I'm being kind, it's pretty much 100%)
    2) Internalize the fact that you can puke up a better song simply by sticking your finger down your throat
    3) Pick up an iPhone or iPad and download GarageBand
    4) Slap some tunes together and stick it to the man

As a sidebar, if you guys want to download my stuff from SoundCloud and use it in your movies, just credit me as Zamiotana or at least something close like the Zamster, the Zam-meister, Zam-the-man, the Zaminator, Zam-a-saurus Rex, etc.
    Thank you, most interesting