Thread: First video

Default First video

Hi guys
    First post and first ever video. Got a gopro at Christmas and thought I would have a play. Only used Imovie for the edit so pretty basic Stuff! Let me know what you think

https://youtu.be/XIlrc6IkSqc
    Last edited by Chrisgw115; 03-13-2016 at 05:08 PM.

what is that "thing" sticking out in the video

Have you permission to use the song/music with the video

Ths shots of the hiker/fisherman are good I like them but the rest, is it a bike ride :( sorry just my opinion

https://www.facebook.com/JRSPhotogra...homepage_panel
    Last edited by JR1; 03-14-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Blog Entries

Gotta agree with JR1 (so no longer just his/her opinion). The firsherman shots were quite striking but the shots from the bike going along added nothing.
    But hey, that's a first video. I wouldn't show you mine!
    Tim

A Bike, I wondered, then surely bar mounted gopro, I use many different cameras, especillay the great Kodak Pixpro SP1 and a mix of GoPros, with the GoPros I use the "Re-fuel" battery packs which last 12 and 24 hours. And get a decent selection of alternative mounts from Amazon/Ebay for 15

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JR1; 03-14-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Thanks for the input guy's. The first bit is meant to show the walk to the lake through the forest. the GoPro is mounted to my fishing barrow. was trying to give a whole picture of the morning as the walk is quite enjoyable to the lake.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisgw115 View Post
    Thanks for the input guy's. The first bit is meant to show the walk to the lake through the forest. the GoPro is mounted to my fishing barrow. was trying to give a whole picture of the morning as the walk is quite enjoyable to the lake.
    From your point of view, with the memory of what was around you, it probably works as such. But from the point of view of someone who was not with you, what we see is a muddy path. This is the one of things you will learn to take on board as you progress through your filming and editing journey
    Tim

Remember, 100% what TS said, you may know what it is, I see a "thing" st6icking out on a walk through an untidy place.

I shoot sports photography for myself and a glossy mag.

What I shoot for me is one thing, what I shoot for the magazine has to leave peple "knowing" what it is about immediately, not guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    From your point of view, with the memory of what was around you, it probably works as such. But from the point of view of someone who was not with you, what we see is a muddy path. y
    considering the time ive been "filming" this is something ive only recently started thinking about ... its a very valid point.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Try a bit harder to have your camera levelled.
    Avoid sequences where you stop and move on without a visible reason like at 0:40.
    Generally cut it more to an action, add some close-up shots and probably a voiceover.