Thread: SAMURAI DEAD 2 -- a short film

1. Default SAMURAI DEAD 2 -- a short film

If you guys have a few minutes to spare, please check out our new zombie short film,"SAMURAI DEAD EP2":

We shot everything on a Canon 5D MIII and the Canon Rebel T4i + 18-135mm STM lens. My filmmaking buddies created this zombie webseries and released our first episode here
    last year, so we figured we'd let everyone know that we're done with our NEW EPISODE. We'd love to know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Really nice how you explained what happened beforehand. Some early episodes of the walking dead had that (like the helicopter that drew an army of zombies erm walkers to the highway and these were the soldiers that were later on killed be the governor's team) and I miss it a lot.
    Technically very well executed. I liked the movement effect of the cut off head and would have watched a longer episode. Actually the only thing I can criticize is that I wnat more

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Really nice how you explained what happened beforehand. Some early episodes of the walking dead had that (like the helicopter that drew an army of zombies erm walkers to the highway and these were the soldiers that were later on killed be the governor's team) and I miss it a lot.
    Technically very well executed. I liked the movement effect of the cut off head and would have watched a longer episode. Actually the only thing I can criticize is that I wnat more
    We'll definitely take that kind of criticism! Glad you thought it was technically well executed. We invested nearly a year of our time in the color grading and the scenes with VFX (like the decapitation shot you mentioned). It shouldn't have taken nearly that long but we had to learn 3D modeling from the ground up. Glad to hear that it paid off, at least in some small part. Anyway, thanks for watching and commenting. We're finding it hard to get people to watch our work. Really appreciate you taking the time.

Cheers!

I've nothing to add except I think you've done an excellent job with this.

Blog Entries

Agree with all that has been said. Including the comments about so many zombie movies. Very good buildups of tension.
    Tim

Probably it's time to add something that differs your work from other zombie stuff.