Thread: Short stupid videos but looks like it's funny to make

Default Short stupid videos but looks like it's funny to make

It's not long time when I said something like "YouTube and other social medias are full of stupid short "funny" videos that I don't like". I'm sorry but I had funny idea and I made one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbG19APlUH/

I like to do my YouTube videos and I try to make those look high quality with different amazing tracking shots. But I get so many stupid short video ideas that I decided to start making those also.

Well

It is technically excellent

For me the technical bit is 5% of the film and so I normally don't bother too much with that aspect - it's like when Mr Drysedale showed Jed a ship in a bottle and Jed said "it looks like you wasted a ship ... and a bottle" - that's how I remember the many hours I spent in my youth trying to get an edit to look "just right" ...

Just have fun with your camera

Quote Originally Posted by bigmanjoe View Post
    Haha I really like that video actually.
    soory - I forgot to mention that I also liked your video !

Blog Entries

Very good.A good idea which, had it been technically poor, would have not come off because I (although not Zam) would have considered you hadn't committed to the idea, so why should I?
    (I'm sure I could have phrased that better, but I'm not sure how)
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very good.A good idea which, had it been technically poor, would have not come off because I (although not Zam) would have considered you hadn't committed to the idea, so why should I?
    (I'm sure I could have phrased that better, but I'm not sure how)
    the idea itself is really good - in Ontario (Canada) it is now (as of the last two years) illegal to drive around with snow on your car - I still drive around with my car covered in snow all the time, but what you are selling would definitely be of interest to law abiding citizens of Ontario

Sorry Tim but too complicated sentence for my english "skills". But you have to take the snow off the car if you wan't to see out when driving. In Finland you can get a fine if you drive and there's some limit how much the windows have to be cleaned. And when you brake the snow/ice from the roof can slide to your windscreen and then you can see nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Toeh View Post
    Sorry Tim but too complicated sentence for my english "skills".
    My apologies. I meant that although I agree with zam that technical skills are only 5% of making a good film, for this to work you needed to do the good technical job you did.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    My apologies. I meant that although I agree with zam that technical skills are only 5% of making a good film, for this to work you needed to do the good technical job you did.
    yes - and it worked very well - my original point was simply that, when I was younger (and better looking), I spent a lot of time trying to get the 5% exactly right and completely forgetting about the other 95% - I don't want anybody else to do that

Now I get it. Thanks! And yes that 5% and 95% is so true. It doesn't have to be 4K 3D HFR to be good video.

I haven't yet watched the op video but this thread alone is worthy of a video !!!
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933