Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Short stupid videos but looks like it's funny to make

  1. #1

    Default Short stupid videos but looks like it's funny to make

    It's not long time when I said something like "YouTube and other social medias are full of stupid short "funny" videos that I don't like". I'm sorry but I had funny idea and I made one.

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BCbG19APlUH/

    I like to do my YouTube videos and I try to make those look high quality with different amazing tracking shots. But I get so many stupid short video ideas that I decided to start making those also.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Well

    It is technically excellent

    For me the technical bit is 5% of the film and so I normally don't bother too much with that aspect - it's like when Mr Drysedale showed Jed a ship in a bottle and Jed said "it looks like you wasted a ship ... and a bottle" - that's how I remember the many hours I spent in my youth trying to get an edit to look "just right" ...

    Just have fun with your camera

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmanjoe View Post
    Haha I really like that video actually.
    soory - I forgot to mention that I also liked your video !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Very good.A good idea which, had it been technically poor, would have not come off because I (although not Zam) would have considered you hadn't committed to the idea, so why should I?
    (I'm sure I could have phrased that better, but I'm not sure how)
    Tim

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very good.A good idea which, had it been technically poor, would have not come off because I (although not Zam) would have considered you hadn't committed to the idea, so why should I?
    (I'm sure I could have phrased that better, but I'm not sure how)
    the idea itself is really good - in Ontario (Canada) it is now (as of the last two years) illegal to drive around with snow on your car - I still drive around with my car covered in snow all the time, but what you are selling would definitely be of interest to law abiding citizens of Ontario

  6. #6

    Default

    Sorry Tim but too complicated sentence for my english "skills". But you have to take the snow off the car if you wan't to see out when driving. In Finland you can get a fine if you drive and there's some limit how much the windows have to be cleaned. And when you brake the snow/ice from the roof can slide to your windscreen and then you can see nothing.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,851
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toeh View Post
    Sorry Tim but too complicated sentence for my english "skills".
    My apologies. I meant that although I agree with zam that technical skills are only 5% of making a good film, for this to work you needed to do the good technical job you did.
    Tim

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    My apologies. I meant that although I agree with zam that technical skills are only 5% of making a good film, for this to work you needed to do the good technical job you did.
    yes - and it worked very well - my original point was simply that, when I was younger (and better looking), I spent a lot of time trying to get the 5% exactly right and completely forgetting about the other 95% - I don't want anybody else to do that

  9. #9

    Default

    Now I get it. Thanks! And yes that 5% and 95% is so true. It doesn't have to be 4K 3D HFR to be good video.

  10. #10

    Default

    I haven't yet watched the op video but this thread alone is worthy of a video !!!
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Similar Threads

  1. Funny Dogs - Funny Stupid Dogs Compilation
    By nicxoan in forum YouTube (and others) channel pimpage
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2015, 02:31 PM
  2. Funny videos - Funny Football
    By dvanhan in forum YouTube (and others) channel pimpage
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 09:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •