Thread: Baby, I do...

Default Baby, I do...

Hello All

Just filmed a quickie music vid for another client. This one is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTJmtTHc31U

What do you think? Personally, I wanted a story but the client wanted, well, what is in the vid and as she is paying the money...

So what are your thoughts? Would you have gone with a narrative as I wanted? Would you have cut a band in there?
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

It's nice but I miss some variety. Adding a band (or scenes that show memories) could indeed have helped. More story in the images would have been nice. The only point where I would have added narrative if at all would have been in the very beginning.

Blog Entries

Great location!
    I liked the look generally. The tilt felt a little odd as it seemed too much for a mistake (which i know it wasn't) but not quite enough for a deliberate dutch tilt.
    The only real problem was the reflection of your LED lights in a lot of the shots.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    It's nice but I miss some variety. Adding a band (or scenes that show memories) could indeed have helped. More story in the images would have been nice. The only point where I would have added narrative if at all would have been in the very beginning.
    This is the biggie for me. A music vid only needs to be very, very simple as it is about the music but a band or story would've taken it to the next level.

Interesting point about the narrative. I'd have had one going all the way through cutting back and forward between the silhouette, the singer and the narrative.
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen