Thread: Tripod Warfare - Short Action Film

Default Tripod Warfare - Short Action Film

Hey guys! When I was growing up, I used to pretend my dad's tripod was a gun and have shootouts with imaginary bad guys. A few weeks ago, while looking through my equipment, I realized I had a bunch of tripods in various sizes. So a few days later I decided to make a short action film in which all the characters used tripods as guns. This short took 2 half days to film and about a week and a half of post production. Hope you guys enjoy! And as always, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Great job. The FX are well done and the acting is convincing. But just as importantly (more importantly?) you give us a bit of a plot.
    If this were just guns then it would be OK as an FX/action shooting exercise, but the fact they are tripods and the little jokes (the plaster at the end!!!) within raises this to a whole new level. As does the choice of shots.
    If I were to be critical ... whilst the gunshots look good, the missile/grenades (eg the explosions) look a bit more stuck on.
    In terms of pace it was pretty good but I felt the scenes inside the building - especially the stairwell wend on a little long.
    It could have done with a few more blood splatters on the wall (eg 21:15 and following shots)

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback Tim! I'll definitely take your notes in consideration on my next project.

Loved the idea - and the movie

Nice post-apocalyptic city-scape! I've seen this in a few videos lately and it really works

I thought the acting was a bit slow ... or least wise their reaction time !? other than that nice work.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

The crosshair at 0:40 could have profited from a bit more love.
    Pacing at 1:00 was a bit slow for my taste.
    Voice volume at 1:35 is a bit low.
    Holes at 1:55 could look more realistic.
    The fight scene worked surprisingly well although I generally prefer little cuts there.
    Overall it's a bit too much run and gun only.
    I am being picky here. Most of it works out because the video is clearly meant comedic.