Thread: the best software step by stepp

Default the best software step by stepp

Hi everyone,

I am Samuele and i am totally new in this forum and as well as in video editing.

In the past days i was reading some topics about "what's the best software for newbies"
    and based in my reading, i got these results:

Sony Vegas
    Sony Movie Studio,
    Pinnacle Studio
    Corel
    Magix
    Serif

What i was wondering now.. if i'd choose one of this,exampe "Sony movie studio" as first step
    what would be the better software then in the second step I mean, i don't want to spend a lot of time in training
    a software and then when i will be ready for a second step, start again with a new system.

I suppose there are software easier and more complicated but made from the same company.

thank's in advance

Samuele

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Samuele View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am Samuele and i am totally new in this forum and as well as in video editing.

In the past days i was reading some topics about "what's the best software for newbies"
    and based in my reading, i got these results:

What i was wondering now.. if i'd choose one of this,exampe "Sony movie studio" as first step
    what would be the better software then in the second step I mean, i don't want to spend a lot of time in training
    a software and then when i will be ready for a second step, start again with a new system.
    That's a great question and sound reasoning Samuele - and welcome to the forum.
    From that list it is easy: From Sony Movie Studio the next step is Vegas Pro. They are fundamentally the same program, it's just the Pro version has far greater facilities (but you'll probably only use them 5% of the time).

The other option is Adobe Premiere Elements - and the next step there is Premiere Pro (or whatever they call it these days) where again it is very similar.

However, it is actually quite easy to transfer the skills from one package to another. The same facilities are generally there it just might take a few weeks to become familiar with where they are.

Moving from any of those packages to DaVinci Resolve, which is node based, might take a bit more getting used to as it's a conceptual change .
    Tim

Greit!

Thank you for your reply Tim