Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Have Noticed

Default I Have Noticed

idk if anyone else has noticed but when someone ask's " how do i do this or that", no one really response to it, and if they do its very vague and it never goes anywhere after that it just gets lost somewhere, like someone asked how to create the "paint shaker" effect, like in "the ring" or those horror type films where the head shakes really fast and has a eary feel to it, i dont know how to do this but i am interested in it,and this subject never went anywhere, thats the whole point of a forum, ask questions get answers or maybe look for questions and answer them.

i just wish there was more interaction here on this forum in the adobe section b/c i have been on this forum for probably about a week and i havent seen any real feedback to peoples questions.
    Pentium 4 Cpu H/T 3.7GHz
    2x 1GB DDR2 533 RAM PC2 4200 Memory Upgrade Kit
    Internal WD SATA Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive w/ external WD Extreme Lighted Series II Drive 320 GB Hard Drive
    HP 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    Adobe Preimire pro 1.5.1,Encore dvd 1.5,Audition 1.5,After Effects pro 6.5.1,Photoshop CS2!!
    CANON GL2,CANON XL2,Sony HDV-FX1

If you don't get an answer, it's probably because:
    1. you're not asking the right question (too vague, no cause-effect etc.),
    2. you're being too rude (remember assistance here is free but you can call a support hotline anytime) -- this happens most of the time
    3. since most of us are amateur/hobbyists/enthusiasts or whatever you want to call it, it might just be that nobody knows the answer to your question (e.g. "how do I create the lightsaber effect used in Star Trek" ??!)

ive also notice uve only got 7 post hich probs means u aint been helping eva!

Young Luke’s got a good point. A forum means communication - which is normally two ways, it has to go in both directions, not just one.

So as well as asking for assistance, we have to offer some as well. In the normal run of things, it does seem to work well this way. So I'm sure there must be ways you can help us, SuVic. What'ja say?

Blog Entries

Asking how to do a specific effect is one of the hardest questions to answer.

Firstly it involves trying to work out exactly what the desired effect is. Now I've never seen the ring, and as much as I like to help, I probably won't go and rent it to try and search for the specific part of the film.

If you do know what the effect is, it's then a case of applying the techniques we know to create the effect. This often involves a lot of lateral thinking. Bear in mind that hollywood effects are made by creative professionals with million pound budgets. We have to use our limited knowledge to cobble the effect together .

So it's nothing personal, just that it's bloody hard to answer.

i might have a low post count but it doesnt mean im new to it,just need's more people here on the forums,theres more people comin for help then there is comin to help, you know. im not trying to make waves im just makin people here aware of somethin that maybe needs to be touched on a bit,i say promote this like crazy, might get more people on the forums.
    Pentium 4 Cpu H/T 3.7GHz
    2x 1GB DDR2 533 RAM PC2 4200 Memory Upgrade Kit
    Internal WD SATA Caviar SE 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drive w/ external WD Extreme Lighted Series II Drive 320 GB Hard Drive
    HP 16x DVD(+/-)R/RW DL LightScribe drive
    Adobe Preimire pro 1.5.1,Encore dvd 1.5,Audition 1.5,After Effects pro 6.5.1,Photoshop CS2!!
    CANON GL2,CANON XL2,Sony HDV-FX1

Blog Entries

might have a low post count but it doesnt mean im new to it
    I've got the highest post count yet probably know little more than the newest of newbies

I'm not an expert in the field. Never have been, never will be. What I do have is the willingness to share what I do know. Forums are less about how much you know, and all about how much you share what you do know.

So if you have a high post count, what does this show? Are you an expert? Not really? Do you help and share with others? Yes.

Blog Entries

Yikes. And that was my 5,000th post.

Oh and yes there sure are a lot more people than post for help than provide answers. The ratio is probably about 250:1. At one point it was just me!

I try and help even thoguh im young...and i do ask Questions to.!

SuVic - you're being unreasonable. No doubt about it. Sorry, but you are.

Exactly what did you hope to achieve by posting that? Did you even think before you typed that message? From experience here, if people know something, they will tell. Your patronising nagging tone is completely detrimental.

Your message was pointless. The only people that are going to get offended by that are people like us that *do* answer the questions. The ones that don't, well they're not here long enough to read it are they?

Stop having a go at people for not answering questions. Sometimes some people ask questions in a (let's be honest here) really, mind boggling stupid way. I am more than happy to help someone out as long as they show a bit of gratitude. I'd rather help out someone who's a total newbie than have to deal with a smart arse who thinks he knows everything. I don't mind helping people out as long as they're grateful for it.

You've yet to see any real feedback to questions? Are you insane? Maybe you've yet to see any real feedback to questions that you in particular want answering. Take a look in all the other sections, there's questions being answered all the time!

Question to you: how do you expect us to answer a question that we don't know the answer to? What do we do? Lie? Pretend? Sometimes I've done a bit of research to try and help other people out. I wish there was more interaction. There are over 3,000 members on this board. Certainly nowhere near that many are regular posters. You want more interaction? Well interact (constructively) then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast