Thread: BEAUTIFUL - Short Music Thriller

1. Lightbulb BEAUTIFUL - Short Music Thriller

Hey everyone! I would like to share with you a 3 min music experimental thriller short clip “BEAUTIFUL":
    directed, shot and edited by myself:

This little project, was a big challenge to pull off as a director and it means a lot to me. This forum's advice really helps a lot on making every single project happen, so I just wanted to thank everyone for that. So please take the time to watch it and let me know your honest opinion. Every review means the world!

Thanks again FOR EVERYTHING!

Really creepy and well made. Cuts didn't seem to be on the beat some times and I am not sure if it really needed the super wide.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Really creepy and well made. Cuts didn't seem to be on the beat some times and I am not sure if it really needed the super wide.
    Thank you XXLRay, as always I really appreciate the feedback, I was trying to go for the most unsettling feel possible that's why I handled the music in the editing the way I did, but yeah it's definately not on perfect beat all the time and I guess i'm just more inclined for the super wide in general. i just find the composition pleasing and some times i feel it helps turn up the intensity (at least for me, maybe is the claustrophobia effect, who knows). Again thank you very much for everything

I liked the juxtaposition of the music track and the story. It reminds me of an idea I had once. I thought you got really good performances from the actors in this piece. The visuals matched the story perfectly.

My only suggestion would be adding some ambient sounds to help bring the viewer deeper into the scenes. May be even fading the song out all together at a key part and then bringing it back in at the right moment, not sure as the piece is all about the music track really. Perhaps a slightly bigger difference in grading for the "imagined" scenes just to help the viewer sererate them out from reality.

Just food for thought as I don't really know what else to say.

You have made a really good atmospheric creepy short film. Well done.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Excellent piece. Well done. I "got it" that the cuts didn't match the beats. Midnight has made some valid suggestions, but I think the more subtle approach of yours works well here as well.

Great Video!