Thread: How would I Shoot a "Piano-Guys - Like" Music Video

Default How would I Shoot a "Piano-Guys - Like" Music Video

I am looking at doing a music video in the style of the Piano-Guys (of course, not quite as crazy, or as big a budget), haha
    The guy (who plays a classical guitar) that I am doing the video with is going to record it at a music studio and then we will sync it up with various locations and the like. This is the first time I have done a project like this. I have shot multiple wedding videos / short films but I have never done a music video.
    My question is, what is the easiest way to sync up the music video playing with the studio recording?
    What else should I know about this kind of a video shoot?
    Thanks a lot!

Decide in advance which parts you want to synch and mark them e.g. with a clap or capture the time stamp so that you don't have to skim through everything. Probably play the music on set so that the movement already is in snych.

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

It really is as simple as taking some form of amplification/speaker and the recording along with you and playing so your subject can hear it and play along. It's important that the camera also picks up the recorded sound as this is what you will use to sync with your original audio when you edit.

I've used this method for my green screen work such as the one here:

and on location (my first attempt):