Thread: Cinematic Wedding Highlight

Default Cinematic Wedding Highlight

Hey Everyone,

I am a Wedding Video Editor. And I use Adobe Premiere Pro CC. I need to know how much time should it take to edit 10 minutes of highlight with the given Link's quality. Also, what is the right procedure to edit more faster. Sorry I know this depends on person to person but still wanted to know an average as my client is complaining about the speed.

Video Links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRPhAbvEK-M

Thank You.

If the video files are already well prepared and titled and you don't have to do colour grading this can be done in an hour.

Thanks for your reply. Basically we get raw footage and music from the client. For that we need remove the shaky shots, make the storyline, effects, colour grading. Also, we need to make its Documentry. So, keeping all these in mind in how much time should a person complete this project.

Depending on the amount of raw footage you get this can easily take a week or even more.

Ok. Thank you so much.

Blog Entries

I would take months, dabbling here or there. But then I wouldn't take on that sort of commission. I edited my daughter's wedding, but didn't do a highlights like this - the footage wasn't anywhere near good enough.
    However, if I DID take on a job like this I would ensure that that the client knew when they could expect to receive a finished product (or draft product).
    It's all down to managing customers' expectations. If you weren't clear how long it may take and they didn't specify when they expected to receive the finished article you are both equally to blame. But as the servicve provider, you have much more to lose if they publicise their dissatisfaction (however untrue/unfair) than they have by you moaning about a client.
    Get on with it. Wrap it up ASAP and put it down to experience.
    Tim

Thanks Tim. Yes I know i should have asked them the time for delivery. That was really a big mistake. I take 20hrs to complete this kind of video which is 10mins long and he is doing 2 videos in just 9hrs. Just wanted to find out myself if its possible so that i can talk to him on this. As, we need to cut the shaky part, choose the storyline, color grading, select suitable vows and toast etc.

Blog Entries

The fact you are asking this question here suggests that you might be quite new to Wedding Videos. I'd imagine that those who have been doing for a while develop their own formula, so they always know what shots they will have, they'll always know how they are likely to put them together, they'll always know how they'll grade them. Over time it will become quicker.
    Personally I wouldn't have been able to put together a 15 minute video like that in 20 hours.
    Tim

Yes I am new in this business so wanted to explore more about it. But thanks for your time to discuss.