Thread: Criticise this!

Default Criticise this!

'Sup dudes, I'm new here, done a few snowboarding edits, Facebook has been my only outlet 'til now, and I'd love to hear a bit more feedback on edits I've spent days or even weeks on than a couple of 'likes' and someone comments 'awesome'... I'd like to hear what other footage artists have to say!

Here's one I did a couple of years ago;
    http://youtu.be/ki6TlMEUNVQ
    Let rip on me guys, I can take it
    Last edited by GoPro Edit Room; 02-01-2016 at 05:41 PM.

Let the crows come in a bit earlier (about at 00:05).
    Try to stabilize the opening shot in post.
    I guess you wanted to go with the music but the beginning generally is really slow (until 00:50).
    You could embed the shots in some kind of story. Start by packing your gear show lunch time in the middle end getting into the car at the end (walking home was also fine).
    The colour grading between shots it very different from time to time.
    Generally you had a good variety of shots but not for this video length. Cut it down to half. I am a winter sports enthusiast myself but started getting bored at 04:00.
    The first attempts in the fun park didn't match the overall "cool" theme of the video very well.

Thanks XXLRay, all good points. It was done with a GoPro hero 1, which aside from my lack of skill in colour grading, could have had an effect. I will definitely work on the story a bit more, but I think to get it really interesting, I need to ride with people who are more experienced than just linking turns. I do enjoy editing to the music, it bugs me when I watch videos that aren't in time.

Ive tried to keep things a bit more brief and interesting in this one, I just uploaded it last night...
    http://youtu.be/xuBKdyrabmg Thanks for your advice.

Yes, it's shorter but generally has the same problems of a slow start and a missing story arch.