Thread: Disguising a face without blurring it

Default Disguising a face without blurring it

Hello everyone, this is my first post! 'Face blur' seems the most popular way to give someone anonymity when their face is shown. But are there any other ways to do it? How about adding some dark glasses? Would this be described as 'inserting a 3d object'? Are there any video editors which make inserting an object easy? I wouldn't hope to make the dark glasses look realistic, I imagine that would need some professional CGI. I just want to blank out somebody's eyes without making them look like a zombie or a criminal.

You can simply track the movement and apply the path to an overlay. Depending on how accurate you need it you may need 3D tracking. 2D and 3D tracking both can be done in the free software blender.

Thanks for your reply Ray,sadly I don't understand it as I've never used any video editing software! (I don't use Windows Movie Maker and have no idea how it came to be next to my user name. I'm looking at my Settings page but the "Editing Application and Version" field is blank. )

The movie maker next to your name is just the forum rank.
    Probably watch a few 2D video tracking tutorial videos to understand what I mean.

OK....are you saying I can add sunglasses to people's faces without too much difficulty? Will it take forever? Do I have to do it frame by frame?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymize View Post
    OK....are you saying I can add sunglasses to people's faces without too much difficulty? Will it take forever? Do I have to do it frame by frame?
    If you use software with tracking, no you won't.
    Watch this and it might give you an idea of what is involved.
    I've gone for this as the basic tracking is available in HitFilm Express which is free.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh-pRKV67r0
    If you just search 2D motion tracking, you'll get lots of hits for Adobe Premiere. Which is not free.
    Tim

Thanks very much Tim, that video was very instructive. If I specify 2D tracking, does that narrow down the choice of editors a great deal, and hence make choosing one easier?

Does Hitfilm Express do everything you need or do you think you'll have to upgrade to the paid for version?

I'm only trying to make short documentaries to put on youtube, so I don't think I'll need any fancy effects apart from the sunglasses thing. I have no experience at all, but I don't envisage needing to do much except for rotating the frame a bit when the camera's not level, or amplifying speech and turning down background noise like wind and traffic. And I'll need subtitling, perhaps in 2 languages.

I might be able to borrow Premiere Pro for Windows 9.2. But I'm intimidated by the 'Pro' tag - does it mean huge complexity and a massive learning curve?

Nick

Blog Entries

There is a comment on the video I linked to that says motion tracking is included in HitFilm2 Express so it is reasonable to assume it is in HitFilm 3 Express. Download it and see!
    Tim

Default Tips for you

It is very easy. Just use the tools called AVS video editor, video converter studio to finish your task. They can help you blur face in video easily.
    Last edited by Lily901; 10-25-2016 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Provide more information