Thread: I've lost my connection !!!

Default I've lost my connection !!!

Hi, thanks for taking a peep at my post ... since my last efforts at producing and editing a video I have come up against a couple of problems ... The first is, I have accidentally thrown out, lost or otherwise got rid of, the AV cable for my ancient Hitachi DZ-HS 500E hybrid vid cam. I have been trawling the internet for about a week now and I have seen nothing like the cable I need (it's amazing that companies stop supporting their own equipment after so few years ... well...9 to be exact !... Anyway if anyone has any idea where I can get one of these AV cables from, I would REALLY appreciate it.
    The other problem I have is, since I last did any vid editing, I've upgraded to Windows 10 and am using a Macbook Air for general stuff ... the imagemixer 3 software will not work on any of these machines ... so... assuming I can get an AV cable to transfer video to the computer (I'd rather it be the Mac) would iMovies be ok as the relevant software to use ??
    I did say in my profile that I'm a real dyed in the wool TECHNOPHOBE, hence all the questions.....

2. Default

Some variation of USB, probably Type-A to either Mini-B or Micro-B, should let you connect it to a computer for transfers. Hopefully you're not thinking of using the analog output for the transfers.

Thanks for the reply mon ami...The only lead I have is a USB on one end and a connection with a three pronged offset fork symbol on the other camera end...but as soon as I plug it into the computer the vid cam turns off. I'm beginning to think I need a more modern Vid cam that comes with software and the correct lead. Thanks for trying to help me though, I really appreciate it.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick048 View Post
    Thanks for the reply mon ami...The only lead I have is a USB on one end and a connection with a three pronged offset fork symbol on the other camera end...but as soon as I plug it into the computer the vid cam turns off. I'm beginning to think I need a more modern Vid cam that comes with software and the correct lead. Thanks for trying to help me though, I really appreciate it.
    If it plugs into your camera it's almost certainly the right lead. That leaves software and user error as the possible culprits. I hope it's user error because then you should be able to figure it out. Have you checked to see if it shows up as a drive on your computer when you connect the USB?

drivers for the Imagemixer 3 software appear to be 'not available' anymore, so driverwise I appear to be snookered, but as for the leads there are two connectors on the camera ... one is an AV connector .. which is the one I am missing ... and the other one is the aforementioned lead with the three pronged forl symbol, which I have and it's that lead which, when plugged into the computer, switches the camera off.
    I suspect I will be going round in circles unless I can get a/ the drivers b/ some hitachi compatible software and c/ the correct lead. Thanks for trying anyway I really appreciate your effort... I'll probably start saving for a new camera !

6. Default

Doesn't it have a DVD recorder? Couldn't you transfer to disc and then rip the disc into your computer?

EUREKA !! I will try that