Thread: Looking For Wireless Microphone Recommendation - Canon T5i Rebel DSLR

Default Looking For Wireless Microphone Recommendation - Canon T5i Rebel DSLR

We're looking for a recommendation on which wireless microphone to use with our Canon T5i Rebel. I'm willing to tip the best answers here $5 in bitcoin.

What are you shooting?
    We're looking to do a video course on the economic analysis of bitcoin. For this, I would need the wireless freedom to move around a whiteboard. It is aiming to be high quality, educational content in video form.

What's your price range?
    I'm relatively insensitive to price. I'd like to use this microphone for 2 - 5 years. Performance is important. Saving money is nice.

What else do you use the camera for?
    We are planning on using the camera for live streaming video presentations through our YouTube channel as well (not even sure if this is possible with a DSLR camera). I have no idea how a live stream attachment would work in conjunction with a wireless microphone as there is only one mount on the top of the camera. (?)

What are you using right now?
    We are using a wired Sony ECM-C115 Condenser Microphone. It works well, but restricts movement range. It is also not compatible (or so I've been told) with wireless setups as it is Mono audio only. (not exactly sure how Mono/Stereo audio works).

If you have any additional questions, leave them in the comments below.

Thank you for your advice!

I've just picked up a couple or rode links http://en.rode.com/rodelink
    3.5mm jack will go into DSLR, I had to pick up some XLR adapters to go with my cam.

Will be testing them from Monday.