Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Live track captured at the Manor Park Studio! Video in full HD feedback please!

1. Default Live track captured at the Manor Park Studio! Video in full HD feedback please!

Hello

Filmed a live session recently at this fantastic studio called Manor Park.
    The track is called City Lights and id love to hear your thoughts on the video.

Thanks

Blog Entries

I'm sure it's great but several people here have given you feedback on your previous videos and you've yet to make a single comment on someone else's. When you do I'll look at this.
    Tim

Camera was a bit twitchy in few shots (is that the right word?). Overall it looked professional and good quality. I can imagine to see it in television.

4. Default

The shaky camerawork and the impatient edits don't fit the down tempo feel of the music. The look is a bit flat, lacking contrast. The audio recording and mix are good.

5. Default

Indeed your right, i will do now sorry.

6. Default

Hey thanks yes your right a little shaky. Nice to think you could see it being on TV cool

7. Default

I've also thought a few times where the cuts to often indeed. Good to hear we got the sound right anyway

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Muso1070 View Post
    Indeed your right, i will do now sorry.
    Great, thanks.

You say recorded at a live session. Do you mean this was one performance run-through with maybe half a dozen cameras? The far left and far right cameras had very soft images, which can be appropriate, but they rather stuck out next to the sharp close-ups. Nothing more to add to what the others have said. I certainly admire anyone who can capture bands well.
    Tim

9. Default

Thanks Tim

Yes its a live take but we did 4 runs at each song and picked the best 1/ audio and then had the extra camara takes to play around with.
    Yes i asked for some shots to be softened cause it was roasting and our faces where coming out the red lol

Cheers

10. Default

Most of the shots themselves are visually pleasing, but the cuts are very quick, and many of them are repeated too much I thought, such as the back of the singers head, the sliding shots of the singer, and the side shot where everything is out of focus accept for the guy being mostly covered by the out of focus guy in the foreground. Also I thought this was begging for a few wide shots of the whole band. I thought the best shots were the various handheld close ups of the band members, maybe because they are different from the repeated static shots. Overall a nice video though. I would be please if it were my band being recorded…

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast