Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: music video - first time everything

Default music video - first time everything

some friends were recording a song and we decided to make a video of it. this is my first time recording anything "serious" and first time editing.
    would be nice to hear anything from you people, god or bad, to get an idea how bad is it

Blog Entries

Not a bad effort at all. Given the unusual nature of teh music I thing you might have gone for an even greater variety of unusual shots, but I liked what you did. Lighting was effective.
    My major gripe was when the vocal entered we didn't really see the singer(s) for quite a long time. I'm not suggesting that all singing should be shown, but when he enters I think he should be - especially here as the early vocals are particularly weak (in both senses).
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not a bad effort at all. Given the unusual nature of teh music I thing you might have gone for an even greater variety of unusual shots, but I liked what you did. Lighting was effective.
    My major gripe was when the vocal entered we didn't really see the singer(s) for quite a long time. I'm not suggesting that all singing should be shown, but when he enters I think he should be - especially here as the early vocals are particularly weak (in both senses).

i think he was late in the first word and i could not sinhronize it, but now when you point it out it is a realy long time. i could probably cut cymbal on half duration and put the singer. thanks a lot.

I echo what Tim said. We should see the vocalist when he starts singing. I thought the video was quite good some nice shots and interesting lighting.

Good job over all but I think as you see this piece more you might find it needs more interesting shots specifically the guitar player was only shot from one angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I echo what Tim said. We should see the vocalist when he starts singing. I thought the video was quite good some nice shots and interesting lighting.

Good job over all but I think as you see this piece more you might find it needs more interesting shots specifically the guitar player was only shot from one angle.
    i would never noticed that, and now when you people pointed it out its so obvious.
    cymbal is more interesting so i think i got attracted to record it more, and guitar player finished faster with his part of song recording.

6. Default

I like it. Something dark & creeppy about the tune and vid pretty cool.
    Great effort for a first video too.

Talking video production

Itís so cool. Nice lyrics and music composing. Musicians are good. I like melody song all time. Good job , nice creation . Dark background make a soft environment . Good job over all but I think can be better more if u use some music instrument . I had share a link with u http://visitmy.co/
    Last edited by taninhabib; 12-19-2015 at 09:02 PM.

so cool. Nice lyrics and music composing. Musicians are good. I like melody song all time. Good job , nice creation . Dark background make a soft environment . Good job over all but I think can be better more if u use some music instrument . I had share a link with u http://visitmy.co/
    Last edited by taninhabib; 12-19-2015 at 09:03 PM.

9. Default

Great job all around

Forgive my technical language here but..
    The plinky doodah instrument seems to be out of sync, most notably during the opening lyrics. I agree with the guys, you need to see the singer when the vocal comes in.
    Always do a couple of runs with some safety shots, one locked off wide and then some locked off miming on the vocals and instruments for the entire song, then you always have those safeties to cut to. The more cameras you have the easier this is. A click track intro on the audio recording helps you keep everything in sync in post.
    Not a bad job though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast