Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Comedy Sketch shot on BMPCC

1. Default Comedy Sketch shot on BMPCC

https://youtu.be/dzUCUyqHASU

Here's a short comedy sketch that I got to DP, edit, and color grade for Brandon Delaney. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Redden View Post
    https://youtu.be/dzUCUyqHASU

Here's a short comedy sketch that I got to DP, edit, and color grade for Brandon Delaney. Let me know what you think.

Glad I stuck with this one ... After 15 seconds I nearly switched off believing the two annoying leading ladies were serious...You know the type !
    Acting was ok ... Reporter was convincing.
    Editing and grading worked for me.
    cartoon like reaction of blonde girl was amusing.
    I thought it was just the right length

Nice piece.
    Last edited by enc; 12-02-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Glad I stook with this one ... After 15 seconds I nearly switched off believing the two annoying leading ladies were serious...You know the types !

Nice piece.
    Thanks, enc. That's one thing that I was actually worried about lol

Blog Entries

Looked great, acted well and an amusibg script.

But what happened to the audio? Overall it's extremely quiet, but even when pumped up it is not clear. I totally failed to understand the opening lines on first listen and even after several listens I can't make them all out (speakers and cans):
    "Gross-out with a side of ??? dressing" "Bitch has an Athlick(??) someone ***ed a sack of cream cheese".
    (OK After 5 more listen's "Athlick" is supposed to be "Ass like". But she doesn't say that.) Not your fault I know, bit as editor you might have been able to tidy up the sound somewhat (perhaps you have and this is the best one can do). Sound also clips at one point.
    Mood of music suits but even that sounded extremely muddy.

Sorry, the sound just spoiled it for me.
    Tim

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Looked great, acted well and an amusibg script.

But what happened to the audio? Overall it's extremely quiet, but even when pumped up it is not clear. I totally failed to understand the opening lines on first listen and even after several listens I can't make them all out (speakers and cans):
    "Gross-out with a side of ??? dressing" "Bitch has an Athlick(??) someone ***ed a sack of cream cheese".
    (OK After 5 more listen's "Athlick" is supposed to be "Ass like". But she doesn't say that.) Not your fault I know, bit as editor you might have been able to tidy up the sound somewhat (perhaps you have and this is the best one can do). Sound also clips at one point.
    Mood of music suits but even that sounded extremely muddy.

Sorry, the sound just spoiled it for me.
    Thanks for the feedback, Tim. On my setup I'm able to pick out the audio pretty clearly but that may be just because I was on set and knew what the lines actually were. I ran the audio stems through Izotope Rx for denoising so sadly that was the cleanest I could get them. It's possible that the dialogue denoiser or the ambience match I had to run (they didn't grab room tone) could be the culprit behind the loss of clarity. I'll have to run some tests to narrow it down. If the results of that are something that anybody might be interested in, let me know and I'll update the thread.

Thanks again!

Blog Entries

It's so difficult to hear with "clean ears" isn't it. I wish theer was a solution. It's easy enough to hear if audio is "over processed" - you simply walk away and come back the following day and it's (usually) obvious, but when you know the lines it's impossible to forget them and come back and hear them afresh. I'm no audio expert, I can only comment that I found a general "muddiness" to the sound which, I'm afraid, isn't very helpful. I too use Izotope RX very frequently and you've stumped me here as I was going to suggest that very product! Any chance you could post a short sample somewhere of the untreated audio so we can have a play?Definiyely interested in the results of your experiments.
    Tim

Like it.

I didn't notice an issue with the sound quality just that it was quiet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Like it.

Just me then. Perhaps it's the delivery. I really have to work hard to work out what the brunette's first line are. Can you understand them then?
    Tim

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's so difficult to hear with "clean ears" isn't it. I wish theer was a solution. It's easy enough to hear if audio is "over processed" - you simply walk away and come back the following day and it's (usually) obvious, but when you know the lines it's impossible to forget them and come back and hear them afresh. I'm no audio expert, I can only comment that I found a general "muddiness" to the sound which, I'm afraid, isn't very helpful. I too use Izotope RX very frequently and you've stumped me here as I was going to suggest that very product! Any chance you could post a short sample somewhere of the untreated audio so we can have a play?Definiyely interested in the results of your experiments.
    I know exactly what you mean about "clean ears" lol. I should be able to upload some of the raw audio later this evening.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Like it.

Thanks! The audio being quiet is definitely user error on my part. I'm mixing much lower than I probably should be.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast