Thread: Liquid 6.1 Authoring

Default Liquid 6.1 Authoring

Lloyd thanks for your last help, could you or any one help me, I have never produced a DVD with pinnacle, I had Liquid 5.0 my burner not compatible, upgraded to 6.1 have new burner Sony DRU-800A, install a patch from Pinnacle Support, am I thick or is it impossible to make a DVD

Have copied the patch to the registry, made a short film of 5 clips, exported to iso file then followed the instruction manual to make DVD from iso file, I still cannot load the Burner all options are blank, hit the search button to locate burner, nothing happens how can I check if my burner is recognised, Sony DUR-800A, have also followed instruction to make DVD from the timeline, get the same, no dvd in option 3 (burning). can make DVD from the file with Nero but quality is poor would realy like to do it through liquid 6.1.

Thank you Charles

When you go to File->Export...->DVD, (S)VCD does the pop up window show your drive being located (look at the bottom of the pop up window you should see "searching for burner.." and then it finding it)
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Hi Lloyd. Thanks for your reply. I have a NEC DVD Rom in the same computer, I just had a brainstorm and disconnected it, guess what 6.1 now recognises the Sony. Obviously 6.1 will only work with 1 dvd drive attached, I will now see how I get on; will come back to you shortly, this time I may have crack the problum. spent many hours on this, finally I may have stumbled on the caues
    Thank you
    Charles

Two DVD writers? I have a DVD writer and a DVD ROM drive and have no problems. If you have two writers then I think you can drop down the selection list and have it use the one you want.

Let me know how you get on
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid