Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What video editing shenanigans have you done today ?

Default What video editing related shenanigans have you been involved with today ?

In an attempt to create a bit of movement on the forum I thought it might be good to have a thread related to your recent video/film related capers.

I had my first attempt at editing with davinci resolve....
    The editing side is quite different from what I am used to in premier ...think I'll be using it for fx only.

Had another look at getting an extra monitor for a dual set up. Space is tight so it might be that I replace my current monitor with a larger one ... Thus allowing split screen ... Might then have to mount my monitors on the wall ..which is not ideal.... I need a bigger "editing alcove" .... Nothing is simple :-/
    Last edited by enc; 11-26-2015 at 10:29 AM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Todya, enc, I have mostly been ...
    re-rendering the long version of my daughter's wedding which was captured on a GH4 in 4K and a Nikon D810 in HD using the Sony MXF/Mpeg2 codec so I can produce DVDs and BDs from the same original both full length and and short version. (Previously I'd been going back to the edit timeline but forgetting about a bug in New Blue FX Titler Pro which cause a formatting error every time I opened the file - so after an hour and a half I'd end up with a DVD/BD with an erroneous title!

Update: Just started it again as ran out of space on target disk! That'll teach me not to check first!

Later I plan to whiz through some selection from this year's BIAFF on DVD to decide what films to show at tomorrow night's club meeting.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-26-2015 at 06:10 PM.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Todya, enc, I have mostly been ...
    re-rendering the long version of my daughter's wedding which was captured on a GH4 in 4K and a Nikon D810 in HD using the Sony MXF/Mpeg2 codec so I can produce DVDs and BDs from the same original both full length and and short version. (Previously I'd been going back to the edit timeline but forgetting about a bug in New Blue FX Titler Pro which cause a formatting error every time I opened the file - so after an hour and a half I'd end up with a DVD/BD with an erroneous title!

Update: Just started it again as ran out of space on target disk! That'll teach me not to check first!

Later I plan to whiz through some selection from this year's BIAFF on DVD to decide what films to show at tomorrow night's club meeting.
    Good stuff Tim, will we get to see the fruits of your labour ? Guessing you didnt shoot the wedding ...

i was asked recently if I do wedding “photography” ...... nooooooo I’m not going to that dark place again

, I had a couple of hours on the Astley pit edit earlier. ... ive replaced “Jeff’s first scene” with the second take from the day ( he no longer looks as though he’s stood in a hole) and introduced a new establishing shot. I’m now much happier with the “first chapter” and its renewed my enthusiasm for the piece
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Good stuff Tim, will we get to see the fruits of your labour ? Guessing you didnt shoot the wedding ...
    You won't. And you're right, I didn't.
    Tim

Had a look into kdenlive and made a quick start video about it. Will be published today.
    Working on a new bow and going to make two videos from the process. One about building this particular type of bow and another one about how to tackle twisted sections in a limb.
    Bought an on camera monitor and took footage for a review video about it
    Currently working on the voiceover script.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    H
    Bought an on camera monitor and took footage for a review video about it
    Currently working on the voiceover script.
    Look forward to that !!
    Last edited by enc; 11-27-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Blog Entries

Spotted an error in the 1hr+footage of the wedding.
    Patched the section.
    Rendered a shot version for vimeo. Too long. Rendered again at 720p. Still too long. Rendering again at 5Mbps .. we'll see.
    Watching some of the BIAFF winners tonight at the club. Tedious for me as I saw them at BIAFF and again last night.
    Tim

Today I made a short 30 second "thank you video", to post on a YouTube channel for a video that is about to reach 2 million view in a year and a week.

Blog Entries

Wow! Well done, Midnight!
    Tim

I don't really regard it as my film but thanks Tim. We are not quite there yet. It's currently at 1,985,192 so it will be tight to make it by tomorrow. It seems a bit mad to say this but it's only doing about 10,000 views a day.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast