Thread: Teaser trailer attempt 2...

Default Teaser trailer attempt 2...

So, here it goes, attempt number 2 at a teaser trailer. Clearly incomplete. What do you think?

https://vimeo.com/paulrwalker/review...783/7e59f9a516
    Password: ROAR

As per last time, the music is watermarked until I buy it.
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Liked it. It creates intereset without revealing too much. Typing could have been a bit faster.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Liked it. It creates intereset without revealing too much. Typing could have been a bit faster.
    Fantastic, thanks for the feedback! I took on board the comments made last time around and changed it.

Blog Entries

Not sure how much was to do with the up-tempo music, but that felt a lot snappier. I liked it.
    I was a bit concerned that the intro was a bit long (no-one has any attention span) is there any way you can shorten it? This may sound daft as it makes perfect sense and is quick enough on second viewing, but on my first viewing I was wondering where the voice was coming from, are we meant to be listening to it or is it background (eg random off the radio) sound?
    Do you have footage of her saying this? If so I'd start with that (or show her within two seconds) - even if you move very quickly to titles after a glimpse of the speaker. If we can see the person speaking this immediately tells us what is being said is significant - it also allows us to put a face (and immediate first impressions) to the voice. Watch most documentaries and the person speaking is shown speaking, if not at the beginning then very, very soon at the beginning of each change of speaker (the exception is a "Voice of God" narrator, where the voice is (or should be) recorded in absolutely ideal conditions.
    I really liked the idea of linking it with internet searches. I know what Ray means about the typing - I don't think it was too fast, but it possibly remained on screen too long - consider starting it on screen with the sentence almost complete.
    There is almost certainly a copyright issue with using the Google logo. Not sure whether you can get away without showing the logo or whether you'd need to mock up the whole thing with some fake search engine/page. Probably best to talk to Google about it.

I'm really looking forwar to seeing the film, and I'm keen others are tempted to do the same.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Not sure how much was to do with the up-tempo music, but that felt a lot snappier. I liked it.
    I was a bit concerned that the intro was a bit long (no-one has any attention span) is there any way you can shorten it? This may sound daft as it makes perfect sense and is quick enough on second viewing, but on my first viewing I was wondering where the voice was coming from, are we meant to be listening to it or is it background (eg random off the radio) sound?
    Do you have footage of her saying this? If so I'd start with that (or show her within two seconds) - even if you move very quickly to titles after a glimpse of the speaker. If we can see the person speaking this immediately tells us what is being said is significant - it also allows us to put a face (and immediate first impressions) to the voice. Watch most documentaries and the person speaking is shown speaking, if not at the beginning then very, very soon at the beginning of each change of speaker (the exception is a "Voice of God" narrator, where the voice is (or should be) recorded in absolutely ideal conditions.
    I really liked the idea of linking it with internet searches. I know what Ray means about the typing - I don't think it was too fast, but it possibly remained on screen too long - consider starting it on screen with the sentence almost complete.
    There is almost certainly a copyright issue with using the Google logo. Not sure whether you can get away without showing the logo or whether you'd need to mock up the whole thing with some fake search engine/page. Probably best to talk to Google about it.

I'm really looking forwar to seeing the film, and I'm keen others are tempted to do the same.
    Am delighted you look forward to seeing the film! Appreciate the feedback.

We would only use 'Google' if Google wanted to sponsor us. Otherwise, will use the famous search engine, 'Ogle.'

As for the words, there is an issue so I think we need to look at the speed. There are different versions depending on how broad an audience we need to appeal to if you understand where I'm coming rom.

...and as an idea, have popped it onto YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5HALvW69uc

It's good, it got my interest.

What happened to the word ROAR at the end. it looks a much lower resolution than the rest of the words. Like it's been zoomed in or something. Unfortunately the shot at 0:57 isn't lite very well, unless you can repair it better than it is I would look for another shot to use there.

Overall much better than the last one.

Thanks, very useful! Can't repair the 0:57 shot but might swap something else in there.