Thread: Angry 54 Year Old Rapper MC Yo Wassup Announces His Candidacy For 2016 US Presidency

Default Angry 54 Year Old Rapper MC Yo Wassup Announces His Candidacy For 2016 US Presidency

Angry 54 Year Old Rapper MC Yo Wassup Announces His Candidacy For 2016 US Presidency while riding fluffy mall animals. Seeking nomination for the RAPublican Party.

You'd better use (wireless) lavalier mics next time. Framing wasn't that great either.

We could not shoot video at the mall because its not allowed so the way we got past this is by asking the people renting the fluffy animals to video us while we rented them for 10 minutes and they agreed. There was no time to mic up since we just took a chance and asked them when we saw the opportunity to finally get a chance to do some video at the mall. While this video is not professionally done by any stretch of the imagination I feel like the amateur look and its ridiculous nature might give it a viral edge. Does that make sense?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by theog View Post
    We could not shoot video at the mall because its not allowed so the way we got past this is by asking the people renting the fluffy animals to video us while we rented them for 10 minutes and they agreed. There was no time to mic up since we just took a chance and asked them when we saw the opportunity to finally get a chance to do some video at the mall. While this video is not professionally done by any stretch of the imagination I feel like the amateur look and its ridiculous nature might give it a viral edge. Does that make sense?
    I think this is one of those "kill your babies" moments... I've been guilty of the same before. Sometimes as filmmakers, we tend to fall in love with scenes, shots, or sequences simply because of how difficult they were to pull off and we warrant their inclusion or release just because we pulled it off... regardless of whether they benefit the project or not. The way you got around the prohibited filming of the mall does make for a nice story but I personally don't think you should have released this video on its own. Now, that's not to say that you couldn't use some of it as b-roll with proper audio in an actual music video but definitely not as a standalone.

Gotta "kill your babies", bro.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

5. Default

Getting a chance to film in Norway's Valldal valley is an opportunity - but a mall?
    Last edited by Vittorio Capellini; 11-11-2015 at 08:00 AM.

There was no time to mic up since we just took a chance and asked them when we saw the opportunity to finally get a chance to do some video at the mall.
    So it was just poorly planned?
    Guilty of that myself ...

I feel like the amateur look and its ridiculous nature might give it a viral edge. Does that make sense?
    Amateur look not so much but ridiculous nature probably. I liked the idea but bad audio is usually what annoys a viewer the most.