Thread: Fun on water

Default Fun on water

i've made a little video when me and my buddies are having some fun on the water.

the video is filmed with a konica minolta z5 and a panasonic nv-gs17 and belive it or not, we are in sweden.. yes, we do have summer here

sorry about the poor quality, the original file is about 500 mb large.

http://wastegate.mine.nu/temp/water.mpg

/krille - new to the videoediting business

Okay for some reason this wouldn't display the video in my Winamp (need to check out my supported codecs), however it worked okay in Windows Media Player.

Some comments:
    • The flashing piccies at the beginning, while perfectly in sync with the music go on a tad too long to make it comfortable for the eyes
    • you don't need to post the skier's name each time they appear, do it once for their first appearance. Here's an idea. On their first appearance, freeze the frame, put their name up in the top left corner and have some details appear like it's being typed beneath. Things like their full name, age, where they come from and how long they have been waterskiing. Then unfreeze the frame and remove the text.
    • You seriously needed some footage from another angle. The camera man should also have stood on the water's edge and videoed some of the action from there, and just some framing shots (like of the lake before anyone was on it). There is too much "samey" video
    • Shorten your video. I think you could condense that into an interesting and watchable 3 to 4 minutes, perhaps more with more angles.
    • Use some more effects. Effects which work well for action videos include strobing, slow motion, colourizing, zoom in to zoom out blurs.

Good work though. Looks like you had the lake to yourselves!
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

3. Default

Folks its 50MB not the 500MB downloading now
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD