Thread: 21mins restriction on videoing

Default 21mins restriction on videoing

Im fairly new at video recording and I am completely stumped to figure out why my Panasonic camcorder stops videoing at 21 minutes, and then immediately restarts for another 21 minutes before, stopping and starting again, I am trying to record for 45 minutes continuously. any help would be appreciated.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by kenbo0133 View Post
    Im fairly new at video recording and I am completely stumped to figure out why my Panasonic camcorder stops videoing at 21 minutes, and then immediately restarts for another 21 minutes before, stopping and starting again, I am trying to record for 45 minutes continuously. any help would be appreciated.
    Which model is it?

21 minutes of continuous shooting isn't all that bad in the scheme of things - unless you need to leave the camera unattended for 45 minutes while it is recording?

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio Capellini View Post
    Which model is it?

21 minutes of continuous shooting isn't all that bad in the scheme of things - unless you need to leave the camera unattended for 45 minutes while it is recording?
    Its a Panasonic HC-V250 and I am using it to video football matches, hence I need it recording non stop for 45 minutes.

Blog Entries

This will be down to the maximum file size on the SD card. (Actually it's not the card that's the limitation, but the way it is formatted). It will be formatted to FAT 32 which has a maximum file size of 4GB. Panasonic camcorders used to (and may still) come with software which, if you use it for ingestion into your PC, joins the smaller files into a longer one.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio Capellini View Post
    Which model is it?

Don't forget many people record events and shows which require continuous recording.
    Tim